Cable Problem with N Line Baffled

Molegrip

I bought a box that was already configured with Virmin. After two weeks the channels locked and was only left with FTA. Contacted the seller and he assured me the line was good.
Managed to retrieve the line details via FTP. Anyway in my frustration ended up with the box in a boot loop.
So decided to reflash the box with Sucums latest patched VIX (thanks Suc for this information) loaded the line into the box but the channels are locked. The line in question is in the format
N: ********************* 01 02 03 04 etc................ and resided in the etc/CCam.cfg it was running on softcam Ccam.2.2.1. I have attempted numerous times to reload the line into the box no channels.
I have since proved the box with a test lline all ok. I thought etc was for C: *********************** lines but the box worked. Assuming the line is good any ideas gentlemen ?
Thanks.

I'm having the same problem, i saw on another forum, that some chap managed to get it fixed by reloading his bootloader - he doesnt give much information, but got back in touch with the seller of the box. I fear having to return this box!

C lines can only work with CCcam which on Vix goes in ect folder N lines can work in CCcam and Mg camd and work better in Mg camd You have to chang beginning of line by dropping N; replace with CWS =
which goes in a Newcamd list file and Both Mg file and Newcamd list file go in usr/Keys

people always do it wrong by using the wrong protocol as said many times always read the tuts and if using
clines use CCcam 2.30
nline use mgcamd 1.38

if you do it that way you wont get confused.

Thanks for your replies Gents, Tich fully conversant with your help thanks. Cacti yes thanks for your reply have read and reading the tuts.
Probably not as close as should but am now.
And Cosmos I have reflashed my box so sending it back is not an option but thanks.
The issue is that there was a N: bla bla bla in etc and the box was running off a Cccam.
I am going to persue all helps on
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/67120-zgemma-nline-setup-help-10.html

And see how it goes.

Thanks

Have tried everything but have given up can only assume the line formed part of a cardshare scheme ?
But thanks to those who replied.

Back