problems after flashing box

Hi all,
I uploaded my new slyk subscription a couple of weeks ago, it worked, but it had a tendency to freeze.
My provider asked if i had updated the firmware, which i hadn't. so i gave it ago yesterday, but it all went a bit wrong!

This is what I've done:
  1. I downloaded the top file from here (http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folder=WmdlbW1hLUguMlMvT3BlblZpWA==) and saved it onto a usb stick
  2. i then put it in the back of my box & started it up, at which point it flashed
  3. then i followed the instructions to set up the resolution etc
  4. I then followed some instructions i found on here....
    install your softcam. Menu, plugins, green to download plugins, go to softcam/emu's (whichever is there) download mgcamd 1.38 (thats the latest), once installed, reboot box.
    Now download the attached file and unzip the 2 files to your desktop on pc. input your line details in the newcamd.list file (using notepad) and save the file. now ftp both the files to usr/keys folder on your box, reboot box, when rebooted press blue, go to softcams, select mgcamd 1.38, press green to start, should now be working
  5. Even though i am quite confident that the above was done correctly, i dont have any live channels. Before i did any of this, i knew how to find my line on my box, via a tools menu. however, since flashing it, i dont know if/where to find it
  6. via menu/plugins/download plugins, i added a skin, and on demand. both of these work ok
Can someone help me out please?

Do you have your line details? If so look on here for the wooshbuild v5 you won't regret it, plus you can use usb cam importer so you don't need to ftp plus there is step by step guides too so you cant go wrong either. Hope this helps

I did actually sort it in the end. Turned out that it didn't download the channel list during the initial setup. I started from scratch, and it was OK.
If I go fiddling with the box now, the Mrs would kill me, lol. She's never really warmed to it, because it's not sky. Admittedly, it's bloomin close, but it's not 100%
If I have problems in the future, I will look into that though, thanks

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Back