Problems Flashing from USB

Balanced

Hi

I am trying to use a backup image which was created by Sucmnsee and available to download at ZgemmaStar 2s(&H1) Vix 153 11.03.2015 sucmnsee - Downloads - TechKings but I have a 2 questions an a problem.

Question 1: After Flashing it says to make sure the "zgemma" folder is not on the drive. Should the drive be completely empty?
Question 2: About halfway down the guide it says "Just change provider in service searching/ autoboquetmaker to your local, 'start scan' and edit the line files with ur line ;" . I dont get what it means by "edit the line files with ur line"?. Any Advice

Problem: I have downloaded the file and put the "zgemma" folder onto my drive. I checked the drive before I put the file on it and made sure everything was deleted and reformatted before I started just to be sure. I put the drive into the back of the box turned off and restarted and noting happened. I tried a few times and have tried suggestions by other with USB problems like restarting from Menu after it boots up ( http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/70091-fix-unrecognised-usb-i-e-flashing-not-working.html ) but I cannot get it to work?
Just change provider in service searching/ autoboquetmaker to your local, 'start scan' and add ur line

Read More at : ZgemmaStar 2s(&H1) Vix 153 11.03.2015 sucmnsee - Downloads - TechKings

backup image

Read More at : http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/67992-how-set-up.html

ZgemmaStar 2s(&H1) Vix 153 11.03.2015 sucmnsee

Read More at : ZgemmaStar 2s(&H1) Vix 153 11.03.2015 sucmnsee - Downloads - TechKings

Some Usbs dont seem to work well Thats why we suggest Doing a low level format then a full windows format seems to fix the problem with a lot of usb,s
I have 2 x cruzer blades 4 gb that will not work kingston data traveler works fine
When you box has flashed if you press menu > service searching, Auto bouquet maker you will then see Free Sat area is not your local area ( where you live) / change it by pressing right /left leave the Irish channels ,scroll down to the SD channels and change the local area to yours press green to save then scan This will then load your local TV regions
You need to edit the files with Your line details to watch the scrambled channels

Try and load the Sucmnsee 165 Back up Vix image it is more up to date

Last edited:
Thanks

All up and running using Sucmnsee 165 back-up Vix Image. Had to change to another USB to get it working and edited the ccCam.cfg. I did have to go into Menu->Setup->SoftCam/CI->Softcam Manager and then activate CCam2.3.0 but its all up and working.
I still have one more question I have a few HD channels - Channel 4, ITV, BT Sports but none of the SKY HD Channels. Anyone point me in the right direction for this.
By the way I would recommend anyone starting out to use Sucmnsee back-up its excellent and saves a lot of work.

Also make sure when using hddguru to low level format u untick quick format so it does Full format. Same with windows format after. Untick quick format box.

---------- Post Merged at 09:23 PM ----------

I find cruzer to be least reliable too. Never had a kingston that couldn't be fixed. But after 2 cruzer slice I stopped using

Back