Problems mounting USB to record on ZGemma Star 2S box

hi guys,
When I try mount my USB onto the Zgemma box, only it goes through to 100/100 I get an error on the screen: initialising storage device...Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry

Any help guys??

hi guys,
When I try mount my USB onto the Zgemma box, only it goes through to 100/100 I get an error on the screen: initialising storage device...Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry

Any help guys??
Try formatting usb to fat32 then try again mate

I am having problems also with my zgemma star and a number of USB sticks...recently I cannot access the USB via the box, as though its not there, I have taken them out and tried to format them with win 10, some work the others come up as 'write protected' tried resetting the reg values, low level HDD formating...nothing zgemma seems to brick my USB sticks...any ideas, help much appreciated...the sticks were all working fine at the time, saving, pausing, rewind etc...now nothing...Cheers

IF the usb is to be used for storage/recordings then you need to format it into NTFS, its only usb's that you wish to flash the box with that need to be fat32 formatted, put the usb back in the box, reboot the box then check to see IF the drive is mounted as media/hdd... it will often be mounted as sda1 or user...if so this needs changing to media/hdd. to do this on ATV images use the remote & go to: menu/info panel/plugins/mount manager...then IF its showing as anything other than media/hdd press the green button to setup mounts...use direction pad to change to media/hdd, once done & saved the box will reboot then test by pressing the pause button... it should pause IF mounted correctly.

just reread your post...IF you have formatted it/or tried to format with windows you may need to initialize the drive for it to mount, to do this on ATV image go to: menu/setup/system/storage devices/initialization...select drive from list & initialize.

Last edited:
any usb or hdd devices need to be setup first before using in storage devices and if new format on box followed by ext 3 - 4 will be mounted and ready for use.

Back