Problems on tuner ? Am I doing something wrong ??

So here goes,

i have been setting up boxes at work on my sat dish.

problem is even though all running fine at work as soon as I setup the same box elsewhere I keep getting tuner errors?

ever I get tune lock fail or one of the cables does not register on sat finder?

any ideas

thanks

I have had same issue on a lot of boxes, can't be cables as they had no issues with sly box ??

As I say, I can plug in at work with no probs?

is there maybe some difference on lnbs or something?

thanks

Yes. Especially old lnbs. But should only be encountered on about 5-10% of cases.
Otherwise just doing a fresh scan should fix.
Also just leaving it to do its nightly scans has been know to sort what manual scan doesnt.

Yes. Especially old lnbs. But should only be encountered on about 5-10% of cases.
Otherwise just doing a fresh scan should fix.
Also just leaving it to do its nightly scans has been know to sort what manual scan doesnt.

Cheers sucmnsee will try full rescan

If u do the
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Automatic scan. It will tell u. An incompatable lnb will find less than 40% of channels

I'm getting the same problem, I can't get it to find more than around 400 channels most of which are free to air. Can't get auto bouquet maker to work it keeps giving the tuner lock error but a normal sky+ box works and an Openbox. I'll try a newer LNB.

Still having problem, tuner failSetup was all fine at home then soon as I install elsewhere tuner fail !! 1 tuner works like tuner B but not together.Does this mean on every box I will need to flash on site or is there a way to manually configure!!Thanks

Still having problem, tuner failSetup was all fine at home then soon as I install elsewhere tuner fail !! 1 tuner works like tuner B but not together.Does this mean on every box I will need to flash on site or is there a way to manually configure!!Thanks

Have u thought it could be ur house with the prob? Just thinking.
Also if ABM scan doesn't work at theirs just do an automatic scan. Doesnt matter where its flashed

I have had this issue a few times in different homes.
They have never had a problem with their previous sly box with regards to recording etc
I am thinking it must be issue with maybe my lnb being maybe older or something?

I have tried putting both tuner a and b as not configured and restarting box then enabling and restarting but nothing
the auto service scan comes up with about 10 channels on 1 tuner and nothing on the other.

Cant understand when I setup at my house everything is fine but soon as I install elsewhere "tuner fail" even after swapping cables around

arrrggghhhh

Incompatible lnbs should only be a problem on about 10% inatalls max but does happen. In some cases an automatic scan and reboot will fix

Back