program: win32/ starware

rockford

Hello, this keeps popping up in Microsoft security essentials scan and it will not go away, I've searched for help and searched in files and folders to no avail, google search not very helpful someone always looking for money. I have always got good advise from Techkings, is there a way I can get rid of this annoyance thanks. Kind regards. (ps this is on a desktop running xp)

That's a Browser Toolbar rockford

First, uninstall the Starware option from Add/Remove Programs

1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel

2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs

3) Find "Starware" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it.

That's a Browser Toolbar rockford

First, uninstall the Starware option from Add/Remove Programs

1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel

2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs

3) Find "Starware" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it.

THanks Gman thats the first thing I tried, no good, no such program by that name installed, see what I mean?

When it pops up as malware in your security essentials scan, have it remove it.

THanks Gman thats the first thing I tried, no good, no such program by that name installed, see what I mean?

Why didn't you mention that in your opening post?

Anyway, it looks like it was uninstalled at some stage but left behind some registry entries as crap like that does.

Try ferg's suggestion in previous post (but I guess you'll tell us you had already tried that too) lol

Use Ccleaner to see if it will remove those rouge registry entries & if not, you will have to go after them manually.

Back