PS3 Connection Problem

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Having major issue connecting PS3 to Internet via wireless.

It is just not having any of it using the "Easy" option so I tried manually entering all the Info & it eventually did connect. It let me connect two times after that but it will not connect wirelessley no matter what I do since.

It will connect straight away using the RJ45 cable but I need to get connecting over wireless.

While connect via cable I done a firmware update to latest but it made no difference to the wireless failing to connect.

This is a new box & I'm plum out of ideas as to where to go with it.

Any ideas?

I didn't have any problems with mine G, are you positive that it isnt on the router side? Perhaps it is not setting the DHCP address properly. Are you able to go in and see that it is at least receiving a proper wireless signal?

Since I last posted I brought the PS3 down to my workshop (It's belonging to my friends kid) and tried to connect it to my wireless network, guess what? it connected straight away. I've disconnected & reconnected numerous times on my network since without issue. Just as you suggested Ferg, I too am thinking the issue is with my friends router?

I brought the PS3 back to my friends house & tried to connect through wireless but again it failed.

Here's where I'm a little confused,

I factory reset his router & the PS3 connected straight away.

Disconnected the PS3 and god damn it has refused to connect since.

I factory reset his router once again and the PS3 connected straight away.

So it appears that if I reset the router the PS3 will connect but only once. I have to reset the router each time the PS3 gets disconnected.

What's that all about? :dunno: There's one wireless desktop and one wireless laptop in the house too and they both connect without any issue every time.

You got me on that one buddy, as you well know things like this could be a million little things, add to that the fact that networking does nothing but piss me off and cause me to throw things. I had trouble with mine a while back as I am on DSL and my phone company supplied modem would not administer DHCP addresses to all the items hooked to it. My linux box would work fine for inbound data but no outbound, couldn't post to websites or other things. Messed up my wife's Nook as well. Finally figured out how to bridge the modem and let my router do everything. Not sure how that applies, if at all, as I figure most everyones there is cable.

His setup is on cable (NTL\UPC) and it has a separate modem and router. The problem with that setup is that the modem is locked down by the provider but the Netgear router has full access.

And yes, networking makes me want to throw things too ferg lol

-

Have a look here Gman
Code:
http://www.absolute-playstation.com/playstation-network/expert-playstation-3-hardware-accessory-help-playstation3-ps3-console/10631-playstation-3-wireless-connection-setup.html
Interesting reading if nothing else

Back