PS3 + External HDD problems

Session9

VIP Member
Morning all
This might be a long shot, but no one on a playstation forum has even answered my post.

I have a 2TB Seagate with all of my movies on it plugged into my PS3. It has worked perfectly up until the other day, when it suddenly...didn't. Sometimes when I turn it on it will show around 30 or so video files, but if I go back out of it, then into it again it won't show anything.
I've tried the triangle-Show All, I've used error check on the PC, I've tried deleting some files - including the last few I put on there.
Nothing seems to be working and I have no idea why.

If I plug this hard drive into my PC, everything works perfectly.
Same with plugging it into the X360, all works fine except those in the wrong format.
I have tried updating the PS3 to the latest version, that didn't do squat.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?
Thanks

the ps3 or xbox 360 don't really like external hardrivies bigger than 1tb. had the same problem with my 360 got a 1tb internal drive worked fine.

That's where I'm confused - at the moment there is only about 40% of the 2TB used. I had no trouble previously. And it works fine on the X360.
No other ideas?

get seatools and check the drives health,i have had loads of seagates fail on me,playstation usualy only reads a drive in fat32,is the drive ntfs,as you have updated to the latest version are you talking official or cfw,cinavia might also be an issue

Back