PS3 Jailbreak and PC media server

mbasidiq

hey there,

I have a ps3 with firmware 3.15 and I wanna jailbreaj it. I think I need to update the firmware, but will this break my media server set up, or my abilty to play blu ray movies? Also my ps3 is one of the first older backwards compatible 60 gig ones, so will I still be able to play or copy legacy games to the drive? Can I also copy any blu ray games to the HD if they are available

Not sure what program you are using for your media server but I don't see how jailbreaking would affect that. As for the other questions, that will have to wait on the more knowledgeable members to answer.

Thank you for the info. I was curious about the jail break software I downloaded. Do I really need to use the ATAVRXPLAIN Board? I have a PNY usb attache stick that I used to update my ps3 to 3.41....can I just use that, or does it have to be an ATAVRXPLAIN Board?

I am straight up noobie on PS3, but totally got the xbox down....so I just need a little help understanding it.

hi mbasidiq
what you need is psfreedom,to jailbreak 3.15,have a look HERE,
you will need some sort of jailbreak device there is so many to choose from your usb will not be enough

Back