PS3 Jailbreak Help?

channelking

Hi I have had my PS3 Jailbroken for some time, however never got around to using it till now.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in terms of updates and what I need to uninstall?

I have read all types of information over the net but im baffled by the complexity.

Would appreciate any help from anyone has a jailbroken ps3.

Hi I have had my PS3 Jailbroken for some time, however never got around to using it till now.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in terms of updates and what I need to uninstall?

I have read all types of information over the net but im baffled by the complexity.

Would appreciate any help from anyone has a jailbroken ps3.

When you say "jailbroken" do you mean that your PS3 is running custom firmware? If so which version is it? You'll probably need to update the firmware via USB stick to the latest one (4.70 I think it is now) to play more recent titles. How long ago was it done? Make sure you don't update to the official PS3 software or you'll need to get it downgraded again which is not cheap.

Interesting...can someone point me in the right direction how to jailbreak it in the first? I looked at it years ago but gave up! :-)

Thanks

Interesting...can someone point me in the right direction how to jailbreak it in the first? I looked at it years ago but gave up! :-)

Thanks

You'd need to check which type of PS3 you have, then look into getting an E3 Flasher to downgrade to firmware 3.55. From there you and install custom firmware and Multiman ect.Very complicated process to downgrade if you don't have the experience. I'd look into paying for it to be done by a pro,last time I had one done,it cost me £40. You could end up bricking your console if you made a mistake. Up to you though fella,go for it if you like a challenge.

Cheers mate! Yeah it still seems too complicated. I mind paying about 25 years ago to get my PS2. I'm beside Dundee and my contact doesn't do it anymore so not sure how to find anyone else to do it though!

Maff, ye its running CFW and I think its 4.46. Got it done more than a over 6 months ago I think

Have you got a CFW PS3?

Would you be able to help me further?

The best thing to use is the ps3 key I think it is called a it is the same as the 360 key and cab play quite a few games.

Back