ps3 red light flashing

Ted luxston

VIP Member
Apologises if there is a thread for this somewhere on here I did have a quick look but could not find one.. Seen hair dryer method a few times..!! If anyone has some info most appreciated.. Gta5 is currently stuck in it.. Thanks all.. Ted

the red light of death. do not try the hairdryer method it will last for about 2-3 days. the graphichs chip needs re-balling it costs around £80.00

it can be done DIY if you have the equipment a new re-balled graphics chip is around £23.00 however, you need a re-work machine to fix it properley.

Happend to me once. Had it repaired, don't think it lasted a week. New PS3 time I'm afraid.

if it is done properley maff it will last. most people were using a heatgun and just re-heating the graphics chip like you said not good. the demand has dropped for this repair since the new consoles have come out however, i was that confident i would gaurntee the repair for 6 months. i normally use the machine now for laptop graphics chip repairs.

The fella only charged me £40. Can't have reballed the chip properly. Might be worth trying to repair if you can get someone to do a proper job.

Mr. Luxton, I have looked through the archives as I see 'em, and there was no other thread, just a "Yellow ring of death " thread, which had no real info in it >> http://www.techkings.org/playstation-3/17219-how-fix-yellow-light-death-ps3.html

What area are you in, and I'll try source someone local who can do the job. I agree with Mike, that it needs the right equipment to do the job, but if you did the hairdryer trick and it went again, you have lost nothing.

you can do the hair dryer trick to get the game out. then buy a cheap one and get a ps3 key

Thank you all and wheelo I am in Essex but can travel... anywhere..! I just emailed a company in mitcham south London for a quote.. But if you can do it mike123 then let me know what you need... Need to play my turismo 3.... Best one in the series.. Ted

Back