ps4 sounds like a plane taking off

Jagsy

TK Veteran
hi, my sons complaining of his ps4 being really noisy so I went in his room and it sounds like a planes taking off lol..... is this a common issue with the ps4? and is there anything that can be done to rectify it, I have blown compressed air into it to make sure all the vents are not cluttered with dust but its not made any difference, anyone have any ideas

your ps4 is overheating if you carry on using it you will damage it. you can fix it by replacing the thermal paste and that should do the job. or you can pay for it to be re-balled for a more permenant fix.

I thought ps4 had automatic cut off for over heating , im sure I read that somewhere on the internet

I actually cut up the cardboard cylinder in a toilet roll into 4 circles and put them underneath it so it lifted the ps4 off the shelf by about 1" to let the air flow all around it, even underneath it but its had no effect, there is about a 2" gap at the back before a wall and at the sides theres plenty of room... still making loud noises

---------- Post Merged at 04:14 PM ----------

I have seen fans that you can attach to the usb port and connect to the back of it, does anyone know if these are any good, do they work or is it just a gimmick

we have one and it used to live on top. since moving it into a gap that you would think is big enough it now also sounds like a plane. the hole ours is in gets very warm.nowhere else for it

---------- Post Merged at 04:17 PM ----------

ive never had a fan before but i was told that the fans are pointless sometimes makes thing worse but i dont know

It is well known that the ps4 and xbox one have issues of over heating if your console constantly sounds like a jet engine their is something wrong make no mistake.
1 Make sure it is well ventilated
2. As suggested give it a good clear out with compressed air.
3. make sure your console is not sitting directly on top of a carpeted area

If you are still having problems you will have yo replace the thermal paste at the very least or get your console re-balled.

Back