Public anger over EastEnders story continues

noelyf

VIP Member
http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250

It is reported that around 3,400 people have complained to the BBC about the current 'EastEnders' storyline involving a cot death.

00040f0a-314.jpg

EastEnders - Around 3,400 complaints about plot have been received by the BBC

Last week, viewers saw Ronnie Branning (Samantha Womack) swapping her dead baby with Kat Moon's (Jessie Wallace) newborn son.

BBC News reports that while there has been public anger about the storyline since it was first revealed in November, the majority of complaints have been received since Friday's show.

Viewers have described the storyline as "irresponsible", "insensitive" and "desperate".

The soap's executive producer, Bryan Kirkwood, said: "We appreciate this is a challenging storyline and have taken care to ensure viewers were aware of the content in advance of transmission.

"We also provided action line numbers at the end of each show, offering advice and support to those affected by the issues."

I m not opposed to a good baby-stealing storyline. They can usually make for some excellent televison. But, this one is kind of boring and is just dragging along. I was really anxious to see how this story would develop. But, it's just not interesting anymore. Good grief! I was so sure Glenda, the bad witch, would bust this story wide open before fleeing the square. She didn't and we are still waiting.

I m not opposed to a good baby-stealing storyline. They can usually make for some excellent televison. But, this one is kind of boring and is just dragging along. I was really anxious to see how this story would develop. But, it's just not interesting anymore. Good grief! I was so sure Glenda, the bad witch, would bust this story wide open before fleeing the square. She didn't and we are still waiting.

Not like I watch it :p (honest) but this is typical of Eastenders, they drag every storyline out that long it gets boring. It wouldn't surprise me if they drag this storyline out until the boxing day special like they usually do every year.

I had a son that died from cot death, he would be 13 years old this august.
Where TV is concerned people just have to realise that soaps deal with real life scenarios and whatever the subject may be, somebody out there has been touched by it somehow so therefore somebody's gonna be pissed about it. Whats good viewing for one person can be anothers absolute nightmare, people just have to deal with it, that and there's always some prick out there that just wants to complain about something :)
Eastenders and the rest all suck anyway lol

OK i dont normally watch soaps BUT as i heard this was so sad yesterday i caught up with friday and mondays eposides via Iplayer.

Sorry but would this really happen in real life? would 2 friends have a childen and one steal the other if they sadly lost their own?? I can maybe understand a similar scenario in a hospital but not on your doorstep! and honestly would you really not notice that they said child was different. I inderstand that parents would be totally distraught, but do you not know your own childs smell etc- even if only a few days old :(

Plus ok i know its only a tv story but its supposed to be sort of realistic. But IF this sort of thing really did happen.

child A and child B would have birth certificates and the child that was burried would have a death certificate - so what happens now as child A that was burried is child B - who according to the records is still alive and child A now has a death certificate - how do they cancel that out ?? do they issue a new Birth certificate for child A or cancel out the death certificate. Technically child A is no longer on they "system"
If they are portraying that this could happen then they need to think about the consequences

I msut admit as i say not really a soap watcher But i do believe that both ladies played a very good part. Ronnie for showing how quick and instantly things can change if your suffering and Cat for the way she made it look so real.
Thank god i have never been is such a situation but there are many thousands that have and this storyline must have been horrific!
Axxxo I cant imagine how you must have felt my heart goes out to you xx

If tv and movies we're not allowed to show story lines that may upset people there would be no tv and movies, lets face it almost any story line involving some kind of human tragedy has happened to someone some where.

@axxxo so sorry to hear about your son, I can't even imagine how hard that must have been.

Back