Putting my line in via FileZilla from mac

mattyblue

Hi guys, currently using ipab build. Awesome and easy to use. My issue. I cannot for the life of me get it to work, is it down to using a MacBook?? Is it just me not really knowing what to do?? The notepad opens up but will not work. While transferring. Heads in the shed. Any help be awesome.

Hi mattyblue

I also use mac

You can download filezilla ftp client for free for mac, run a google search for filezilla mac

Never use mac's built in notepad (textedit) as it doesn't work well with enigma2 - it adds in a bunch of invisible data that you didn't put in

Download text wrangler from the app store, it is the equivalent of Notepad++ for windows and works a treat

Paste your C line into text wrangler , save as CCcam.cfg (exactly as that with first two C's capital and the rest lowercase - make sure the extension is .cfg and not .cfg.txt)

Now, on your box, press Menu > Information > Network - this will give you your ip address of your box

Open FileZilla and input the ip address where it says 'Host' (ip address should start with 192.168 most likely)

For username, enter 'root' , all lowercase without quotation marks

Leave the password blank, and press enter

This should go to the "/" directory of your box

Now double click into /etc folder and drag your CCcam.cfg file over to it - make sure it goes in /etc and not inside one of the folders in the /etc directory

Once that's done just make sure you have CCcam downloaded and running on your box - CCcam 2.3.0 is the latest version

(By default your boxes username is root and there is no password - I highly recommend that you set up a password though as there is a lot of hacking going around with these boxes - oPEN TERMINAL on your mac, and type telnet 192.168.x.x (whatever your ip address is) hit enter, then type root for username and enter for password, then type passwd and enter a memorable password for your box, then from your plugin menu, open the plugin called openwebif and enable authentication )

Hope this helps

Grant, thanks for your reply. I have FileZilla already installed and using it as how you explained.

Im using the Mac notepad which I think is the main issue here. I will try your suggested app.

As my line is an N line. I'm assuming I put it into the newcamd.list??? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have also tried using dream explorer, easy to get into but I can't for the life of me get the line on there.

Eg.

Cws_keepalive = 60
^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's highlighted yellow
Cws = blah blah blah
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I can't drop another line eg like when pressing enter on keyboard.

If anyone can help either way let me know. I am 100% certain it's just a minute issue which I'm not doing right.

TextEdit on the Mac will work just fine. You do however have to change the editor from Rich Text to Plain Text in the Format menu though to stop it adding all the markup [emoji1360]

As for FTPing to your box, you'll find an FTP client called Cyberduck much better for the Mac than FileZilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, currently using ipab build. Awesome and easy to use. My issue. I cannot for the life of me get it to work, is it down to using a MacBook?? Is it just me not really knowing what to do?? The notepad opens up but will not work. While transferring. Heads in the shed. Any help be awesome.

I have an iMac, which when I have the zgemma box turned on, somehow appears automatically linked as a 'Shared' folder (not sure how as I never clicked anything), which allows me full access to all the files on the zgemma. Even though the iMac is in another room of the house! So I have no need to FTP anything, can do it remotely from my mac.

Note, I have got latest WooshBuild firmware on my box, so not sure if its this which automatically links to my mac or not.

Turn zgemma box on, then on your mac just open a 'window' where you would access your files on your computer. On the left side of the window, you should see 'Shared' tab with your zgemma box listed under it. You can access the 'keys' folder from there. I used Textedit to make a file with my line. You MUST convert the text to 'Plain text' - as mentioned in post above and save as cccam or newcamd. The just put file in 'keys' folder. Done!

I have an iMac, which when I have the zgemma box turned on, somehow appears automatically linked as a 'Shared' folder (not sure how as I never clicked anything), which allows me full access to all the files on the zgemma. Even though the iMac is in another room of the house! So I have no need to FTP anything, can do it remotely from my mac.

You'll most likely have a smb/nfs share configured on the box. From the sounds of it by default [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As my line is an N line. I'm assuming I put it into the newcamd.list??? Correct me if I'm wrong.

N line will work in CCcam.cfg

But C lines won't work the other way around e.g. c line in newcamd

You can put your n line in CCcam.cfg and ftp the file to /etc

---------- Post Merged at 01:40 PM ----------

TextEdit on the Mac will work just fine. You do however have to change the editor from Rich Text to Plain Text in the Format menu though to stop it adding all the markup [emoji1360]

You are right t3rminal ; i used this for a while with rich to plain but i do much prefer text wrangler as it has all the colour coding

Back