Cable Question about my line

pitch183

Should all n lines follow the same format? My supplier has given me cws = server address aaaabbbb aaaaasbbbb 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14, am I right in thinking there’s a port missing?

The server address ends .org, after that, there’s 8 letters and numbers , then 6 letters and numbers in this format , obv diff details from my actual Line...

Cws = server.whatever.org 88bc1023 bc1023 01 02 03 etc

This is a version of the Line, in the same layout sent to me

The server address ends .org, after that, there’s 8 letters and numbers , then 6 letters and numbers in this format , obv diff details from my actual Line...

that looks about correct,
same as my lines

CWS is all CAPITALS

Only reason I ask, is every single test line I’ve been given has a block of numbers after the server , followed by a username and password group of letters

So you don’t have a port number after your address?

yes,
I have a 5 digit port number
but its kinda hard to tell by the way you posted what is what

CWS = myserver.org portnumber XXXX XXXX 01 02 03 04 05 06 ,,,,,,,

EDIT : I have more than one line on my box / es , and all are in this exact same format

I know what you mean, that’s the format the guy sent me my line, which is why I’m trying to figure out if he’s missing something. I’ll fire him an email

the port no can be 4 or 5 digits, that follow server/host addy, if u see these use it as port no, i know some lines can be delivered badly

AH
do the second set of letters and numbers, are the first 6 the same as the second set of letters/numbers.?
the first 2 numbers may be your port, try a space between them,
does that make sense.?

your line format appears fine m8, just need to sort ur port no, unlikely he's forgotten as lines are usually not manually generated

Cheers, I’ve sent him an email as I don’t think the port number will be 2 digits. Not a good start to my relationship with the supplier!

Cheers, I’ve sent him an email as I don’t think the port number will be 2 digits. Not a good start to my relationship with the supplier!

Line details are normally in this format:
CWS = shitlips.net 15660 FIVE-CAPS! ANDFIVENO 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

username and password FIVE-CAPS! ANDFIVENO have numbers and letters and are upper case.
these can be changed by the supplier to pitch183 and pitch183 or anything he can think of at the time, which doesn't sound like much
the server name and port number will stay the same as generated by the server like the above example
These aren't usually changed by the reseller because he doesn't know how to do it, nor what he's doing
if he's changed the username and password from whatever was generated, or he's told the person on ebay he's buying the line from for £5 that he wants it changing to

he's got the username and port number mixed and he's got the port number as part of the username and the line won't work EG server.whatever.org 88bc1023
- part of this 88bc1023 crapola will be your port number, which in the example I posted above is 15660, I can't really see how he has made such a glaring mistake, nor how you have managed to take a sub without testing the line first, explain.

CWS = shitlips.net 15660 FIVE-CAPS! ANDFIVENO 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

username and password FIVE-CAPS! ANDFIVENO have numbers and letters and are upper case.
these can be changed by the supplier to pitch183 and pitch183 or anything he can think of at the time, which doesn't sound like much
the server name and port number will stay the same as generated by the server like the above example
These aren't usually changed by the reseller because he doesn't know how to do it, nor what he's doing
if he's changed the username and password from whatever was generated, or he's told the person on ebay he's buying the line from for £5 that he wants it changing to

he's got the username and port number mixed and he's got the port number as part of the username and the line won't work EG server.whatever.org 88bc1023
- part of this 88bc1023 crapola will be your port number, which in the example I posted above is 15660, I can't really see how he has made such a glaring mistake, nor how you have managed to take a sub without testing the line first, explain.

Was recommended from a friend, test Line would have been the right thing to ask for, will see what he does today

Sorry but this is not totally true, the username and password are not always upper case, miss information is a dangerous thing.

Back