Question Reference H.2S

apcov81

Hi,

I currently have a H.2H for cab and sly. I have this setup with autobouquest for each tuner so I get a list from each tuner.

I am looking to setup a H.2S with twin sly feed (to allow record and watch something on different transponder).

I usually have Vix setup on the box as I feel more comfortable using that.

My question is:
Is the image clever enough to know that the two tuners are setup the same and therefore produce 1 list of all the channels or will the bouquets be repeated?

If there is just one list, will it select the free tuner to record and the other one to watch?

Can I do something to make this happen if not automatically setup like this?

Thanks in advance

I'm using wooshbuild so its openatv with autobouquet e2 and not vix but with that it only produces 1 EPG list.
I'm guessing vix does the same?

Both do the same produce 1 set of bouquets when you recorded something it will use the available tuner so you can record one channel while watching another

by default it will use the free tuner as dslayer2014 says but it can be changed to a preferred tuner withing the menu settings, worth doing on the H2H: for example if you wanted to record most things on the Cable side as its a HD tuner you could set tuner B to be the preferred recording tuner. No point in changing tuner record preference on the H2S but it is for the H2H

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

This is exactly what I was hoping for.

@BeakyFord - Can the H2H be configured to have one set of bouquets and then choose which tuner to use for recording. I usually record on sly as sd and saves space (no need for HD on some of the things we record) and then watch in HD on virmin live.

Yes you can, Im not looking at my box right now but I think in tuner config or recording settings you can set the preferred tuner for recordings, checkout dsayers2014 thread for a single bouquet in the H2H section of the forum.

Back