Satellite Questions about H7S

The h7c is my main box

Pros of it

Gigabit contection - transferring files is nice, but I don’t really need it, I can wait a few more mins
4K - I have a few channels on 19 and 13 sat but nothing you can really watch, more advertising
Internal hdd - doesn’t do it for me really, I happy with a bus powered hdd, never let me down on the h2s

Cons
The big bright ass logo on the front advertising air digital, no thanks, had to pull the box apart to fix that
The remote as default was well bad, might just have been my box, but when I had the box pulled I got it better, not great but better
The flashing, no able to flash my backup from usb, took me a while to get used to that, specially when you can’t boot in. You have to flash stock then, local flash yours.

2 h5.2tc would been good enough for me and would have cost me at the time the price of one h7c
This really helps, thanks. Those cons are quite bad.

Cons

The flashing, no able to flash my backup from usb, took me a while to get used to that, specially when you can’t boot in. You have to flash stock then, local flash yours.

Are you sure you're changing the 'startup' option to 'recovery' by pressing the yellow button when you make a backup?
I've never had a problem making a usb bootable backup.

I'm pondering an upgrade from an H.2S to either an H5.2S or H7S.

Initially I wrote off the 5 because it has the same processor and memory as the 2 - the only difference I could see on zgemma.co.uk is that the 5 can decode H.265 video?

The H.2S is dual thread, the H5 is dual core processor.

Are you sure you're changing the 'startup' option to 'recovery' by pressing the yellow button when you make a backup?
I've never had a problem making a usb bootable backup.

i did try that
but there was one that just took for every to do and and was a massive backup

so now i have got used to it

its not a bad box thats for sure
i think the remote signal was a problem with my box

Yea it does, I’m too lazy for that

I see in the back menu, you know where you back up and backup settings if you hit menu on atv, you get a different menu of options, you can more options to that is backed up

I'm experimenting with OpenPLI at the minute :grin: Seems to be lots better than it used to be :(y):

USB flashing uses an image file which is a copy of the whole partition which is why it's so big.
Couch flashing just uses the rootfs file which just restores the filesystem to the partition.

Back