questions about new h.2s usability

delrodney

evening all

having just set up my first and only h.2s in the lounge, i was singing the praises of it today to a friend.
he was interested, but he asked me if it was possible to connect it to a second tv, in another room. anyone done this? if so, how?

final one for now.....
is there a away of viewing the epg & then setting the box to record, remotely through a mobile (android) app?

thanks

edit: @coffee1690 asked same question earlier in the week, re: 2nd tv - sorry - only just seen that thread. :whistling:

Last edited:
You need Openwebfi, download from plugins on your box, and then just put your boxes address in your internet browser and away you go, no app needed

That's great little feature. I assume I can be away from home (network) and still use it, providing I remember box IP address?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nope, you need to setup a dns address to access your network from the outside world .
To do this, you also need to open the appropriate ports in your router.
In doing this, there are security risks, and you need to setup password on ur box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The alternative option is to run a VPN. I've got a synology diskstation (well, a HP microserver running Xpenology which does the same job) which is a pretty impressive piece of kit. I've created a VPN through the diskstation which I can connect to from the outside world and when I am connected, I just type in the address of the Zgemma box and it's works as if I am at home.

Also using the synology I've mounted the Zgemma recording folder which I can then access via plex, so I basically have the option of watching recorded content via Plex (without using the VPN).

It's all complicated stuff if you're not familiar with this, but it works a treat.

Back