Questions relating to cable boxes?

check this box out wos £120 you will also need server line about £90 PER YEAR + VIRGIN FEED •Opticum Linux HD Cable Receivers hope this helps you with your search

Can't answer for single tuner boxes but I have just swapped my Solo2 for a Gigablue Quad which has 2 DVB-S2 tuners and added 2 DVB-C tuners for cable. Already had a torroidal dish set up covering 28e to 5w and the old minidish now set to 30w. Thousands of channels, quick channel changing and a whole new world of IPTV I've yet to explore! #Happy

Dont you have to pay extra for an IPTV provider and isnt the quality less compared to channels on sat and cable?

check this box out wos £120 you will also need server line about £90 PER YEAR + VIRGIN FEED •Opticum Linux HD Cable Receivers hope this helps you with your search

Thanks that seem a top box for just a single tuner box

Hi, so you want a single tuner enigma 2 box.

I would suggest something like dm800se wireless or vu solo se cable box (£189 world of satellite).

With regards to opticum box, the downside being it has fixed tuner, and little support. Same goes with miraclebox. These companies are fairly new, what will support be like in year or two time. Dreamboxes and vu+ have been around for many years.

Dont you have to pay extra for an IPTV provider and isnt the quality less compared to channels on sat and cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, so you want a single tuner enigma 2 box.

I would suggest something like dm800se wireless which i sell for (£106 delivered) or vu solo se cable box (£189 world of satellite).

With regards to opticum box, the downside being it has fixed tuner, and little support. Same goes with miraclebox. These companies are fairly new, what will support be like in year or two time. Dreamboxes and vu+ have been around for many years.

You make a very valid point regarding Mircaclebox and opticum box with be NEW boxes. They do seem popular amongst people though.

I was originally thinking of a dreambox for cable or a Vu box but the latters price put me off.

Isnt vu duo a two tuner box so basically a combo box?

vu duo is a twin sat tuner box,duo2 has swapable tuners,anybody that has an enigma2 sat box could get the sundtek cable usb tuner stick.

i was thinking more with an overloaded shelf full of electronics and another box breaking it lol,plus its less space.i would say miracle box will be around for a while as it can use enigma2 images which has massive support.

I've been reading this thread with great interest. I'm in a slightly different position to channelking in that I already have an Octagon SF8 Enigma box, hooked up to my Sly dish and installed a sat line on the box. The channels are working fine and I love the Octagon box, but with the HD channels gone, I'm looking for another way to watch Sly Sports HD. I subscribe to VM Fibreoptic broadband but not TV. Mind if I ask a few simple questions?

1) Looks like I need to purchase a splitter so that the big white wire that goes into the back of my VM router gets split into 2 - one for the router and one for a box. Am I right in thinking that I don't actually need a VM TV subscription for this to work?
2) Can my Octagon SF8 be used for this purpose or do I need a whole new box? Such as a Miraclebox or Amiko box etc that have been mentioned. I only would ever watch one programme at a time, so I'd be happy to switch the wires if it means saving on a new box purchase.
3) I clearly need a cable c-cline for the HD sly sports to work on VM, apart from that anything else?
4) Lastly, is there any way to "convert" a sly dish to become a motorised dish, in order to pick up other foregin sats eg germany for the HD sport channels? I know that sly italia HD is out of bounds, but what other countries are still good? I hear that germany are good. What about further afield like al-jazeera (now BeIN sport)? the commentary being foreign won't kill me.

Presumably for me already having a VM bb line, it'll work out cheaper than the cost of installing a motorised dish.

As always, many thanks!

Hi, hope this answers your questions

1. You don't need a TV package, BB only is fine,but you will need a splitter and an F to ariel connector.

2. Octagon SF8 is a single tuner sat box so you won't pick up cable, it looks like the miraclebox is replacing it, you need a "combo" (sat tuner and cable tuner in one box)

3. You can use a cable line or sat line in a combo or both

4. Generally, if you want a motorised dish you are looking at a 1m to 1.2m dish as you need a bigger footprint to pick up all the other sats

Thanks very much for that. Is it very expensive to set up a motorised dish? Presumably far more expensive than just buying an extra box?

Sounds like I need a combo box for both my sly and Vm. You say that the miraclebox is replacing the octagon sf8 - I really do like the octagon, does the miracle box have a combo tuner function? I could always sell the octagon and get the miracle instead, if it's meant to be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are probably looking at about £300 just for the motorised dish, people seem to pay for a dish installer, then sort out the box settings themselves.

So by the time you add the cost of a decent box on you are looking at £500 - 600.

Miracle Mini Combo has a cable and sat tuner, £150 from WOS.

Only just set mine up so can't really give you any feedback yet if it is good or not, first impressions is that
it seems sound.

Bees I have seen motorised dishes with a setup for betweek £100-£200, and that is with an Amiko box and motorised dish. So do the prices vary for a motorised dish setup?

You can always buy cheaper, but you need to look at the size of the footprint
the dish can pick up, you may be wasting your
money as the signal you recieve from some of the sats will be too weak.

So cheap yes, but it does it work properly, probably not lol

I think my prices aren't that far out if you want a decent system.

Approx £150 for a 1m -1.2m dish pack with mounting bracket and cable
Approx £150 for somebody to instal it
Approx £200-300 for a decent box.

Subs will also be more expensive.

By the size of the footprint do you ctually mean how many sats it can pick up?

I would imagine if you have a friend who is an installer he could fit the system including the box for less than £150 imo.

Is it true that you dont needs subs for a motorised system? I got told some already have the line activated when you get the setup.

and the most important thing before you buy a motorised sat dish is line of sight,anything blocking its line of sight to any sat you dont get.=no channels.

Miracle Mini Combo has a cable and sat tuner, £150 from WOS.

Only just set mine up so can't really give you any feedback yet if it is good or not, first impressions is that
it seems sound.

Thanks Bees, I'd be grateful and interested in hearing your feedback once you've had a play around with the device. Presumably you've used an enigma box before, does it feel much different? Have had a look on WOS and am currently toying between the idea of the Miraclebox and Gigablue box. Not sure what the difference would be if I flash with VIX. £10 difference. Both at the £150 mark. I note that the Miraclebox has a 2 year warranty instead of the usual 1.

Lastly, I read that subs for VM are more pricey than the sly ones? Any idea of a ballpark figure? If its £20 more expensive then I don't mind but if we're talking double then I might be hesitant..

Cheers!

Can Anyone Clarify If I Buy A Miraclebox And I Already Have Vermin Then I Dont Have To Buy A Cline For Cable Do I??
Jus Need To Set Box Up With Vermin BB And My Net Id Is That It????

That way you'd only get the free to air channels. If you want the premium ones then you'd need a cable cline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot Of Confusion On Forums Regarding This So Is Miracle Box KV Or Phantom Or None An Do Either Of Those Boxes Require Lines An How Do You Insert A Cable Cline Does It Have CCCam Like Sat

Back