Quick test for VM signal?

weerydo

Hi all,

I previously had a 2S and have upgraded to H5.2TC. My sky deal is coming to an end and I'm planning on switching to Virgin anyway, however is there a way for me to check if the Virgin line is still active by plugging in but not setting up my H5.2TC?

I should probably note that a BT engineer switched round my virgin and bt phone line cables at the street as the bt line had been cut (however I assume this wouldn't have an impact).

Have you got or know anyone who has a spare virgin cable box lying around anywhere?
If so, try that as virgin run FTA channels

Even if you don't want to flash it, just set the net id in tuner B & C configuration and run a scan.

I flashed the box but it's not finding any VM channels unfortunately. I phoned VM to take out a package yesterday and the guy offered to post me the box and I'd set up myself so surely the cables are still connected on the street?

You did insert the wire into the RF IN didn't you and not the screw in connection?

all ways to test have been mentioned m8,
if you carn't borrow a virgin box, or flash and scan your own then that's it.
If you have just taken your package out, then they might not have activated the line, but it's really unusual for them to ever turn the line off once it's been activated.
Have virgin been in your area for a while?
Has the line ever been active that you know?

It's possible when the BT engineer disconnected the VM cable in the cabinet, he also disconnected the cable line as well as the phone line maybe?

I flashed the box but it's not finding any VM channels unfortunately. I phoned VM to take out a package yesterday and the guy offered to post me the box and I'd set up myself so surely the cables are still connected on the street?

Once you've flashed your box, you will need to set up your cable tuners [ B&C ] and then set up your ABM for your virgin area [ pure. ntl. telewest ] then run a scan to find channels, if you get BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CHANNEL4, then you have the proper configuration, so just add your line, and your up and running....

I just thought I would post an update incase any other posters were having the same issue. I was originally service searching on provider "cablebruteforce" which doesn't bring up any channels for me. I tried changing this and service searched on "Virgin UK (cablebruteforce)" which found all the channels after reading another poster have this issue! All set up now, thanks guys for the tips!

Back