RAF serviceman attempted abduction

While it may well have been a terrorist incident , there are many other reasons this may have happened, drugs, criminal, even getting a legover from the wrong woman.
There are also many legitimate reasons why the MOD would not put it out in the public domain if they suspect strongly that it is terrorist led.
It does seem a bit too organised to be just a nut being nutty.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

These things tend to stay under wraps whilst the military CID make their own investigations and compare notes with the police because----
a] is it real or a hoax
b] is it for terrorist gains or is it just to get publicity for a cause.
c] are drugs, money, women etc involved
d] is or was it a revenge job
plus other reasons best left quiet-----until all facts are known then unlike the bbc or sun newspaper, you can't be sure.
Reaper.

I just think this country is arse backwards. Maybe it's just me but, if two Asians armed with knives attempt to kidnap a serving British soldier, that should be 100% treated as an act of terrorism until if and when it gets proven otherwise.

Not the other way around.

Love this. This is the ultimate reason

Have you never heard of murder (or extremely severe assault) because two people were in an adulterous relationship, if not, you must be very sheltered.

If you treat an assault/attempted assault as a terrorist attack BEFORE the facts are known, then the terrorists have won, they have you sh1tting at any incident.
The alledged victim (the reports words, not mine) was out jogging, with no military insignia or clothing on, so it doesn't even necessarily have any military bearing at all other than the fact that this jogger is in the military.
The racial profiling of people just because they are Asian is ridiculous, Asian refers to Chinese, Japanese, etc, eurasian refers more correctly to the pakistani, Indian, etc, and neither of these makes these nationalities "radicals". Even if they were Arabs, the same argument would hold stead.
Some of the most radical (lately) people have been home grown English, Irish, American (white anglo saxon) converts. Google Khalid Kelly - He is a nutjob Dublin man who preaches hate of the highest order against the western peoples (of which he is one - Go figure) Saved you the bother >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Kelly

If this turns out to be an attack by a radical group, then fine it is terror related, but you cannot discount any of the reasons above from myself or Reaper, who would have inside knowledge of policing.

Probably, I'm not being smart or condescending, or anything else, I think that healthy debate is necessary on this subject.
But one has to remember that all Irishmen, women and children were "terrorists" in the 70's, 80's and to a lesser degree, the 90's. It just wasn't true, but racial profiling made it so much easier to discriminate against All Irish, than to go and actually root out the actual terrorists. The cases of the Birmingham six and the guilford four spring to mind as to why you should not racially profile.

Maybe 20 years ago i would have been '' could be any reason''. In this current climate though i just feel there are too many coincidences.
RAF marham home to the squadron bombing ISIS in Iraq.
A serving member out for a run a mile from the base on what is apparently known for being used a lot by military personnel.
The eve of the 100th anniversary family day celebration.

I could be taking 2+2 and getting 5 or getting paranoid in my old age but it just screams terrorists to me.
I'm not saying all Asians should be treated as terrorists BUT, 2 Asian men trying to kidnap a serving soldier in this current climate should absolutely be treated as terrorists until it gets proven
the motive was unrelated to terrorism.

The police don't treat it any less serious, be it an attempted kidnapping for terror purposes, or an attempted kidnapping because he owes thousands to a drug dealer, or whatever, but there is no point in allowing the general population to be scared sh1tless before there is anything to go on.
I don't believe that things are any worse in the UK (in fact, I would say it is less) than it was during the IRA campaign of the seventies -90's. The main difference is the people have instant access to the news by phone, 24hr news channels, internet, etc. - So do the Terrorists, they spread their message of hate via every medium possible, whereas all the non radical people just go about their own normal everyday business, but which one gets the headlines (for obvious reasons), the hate.
Societally, we are in a very different place than we were 20 years ago, there is a lesser sense of community as both partners in a marriage tend to have to work, and the women therefore don't get to meet at the school gate, the supermarket, and all them places that our parents and their friends would have met.
When I was growing up, any one of our neighbours could have chastised us for doing whatever it was that we were doing wrong, now people are scared to say boo to teens in case they kick off.
Sorry for my pontificating, but you have just tipped on one of my pet subjects.

I don't think it's a terror attack. If they wanted him they would of had him doubt there would only be 2 of them fumbling about. One then then the other.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Debate is healthy. Not everybody is going to share my opinion.
As i said, maybe i'm just getting old and paranoid.
Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe i'm right. time will tell i suppose.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that they are not out to get you lol

A society that jumps to conclusions is what becomes a policeless state which then becomes mob ruled and the atrocities happen on a large scale because people on both sides become scared. If the racial side is nudged then tensions build and it becomes hundreds v hundreds, whilst at present it is just a case of 2 guys against 1 which could have, as I said before, many reasons---in the late 60's and into the 70's I and many others were hated, spat on, beaten up, banned from bars etc etc but were told we must not retaliate because these were "our" own people and mostly we followed that rule and some of the same baiters are now my best friends so I am glad that there is a rule of law and laws to follow. It was 2 asian looking men not a gang of mixed tibetan and afgan market traders---do not tar everyone with the same brush.
Reaper.

I'm not tarring everybody with the same brush. I am tarring THESE TWO with the terrorist brush until if/when it's proven the reason was another.
I'm not some racist UKIP supporter lol
I'm just a guy with an opinion. Same as you.

A society that jumps to conclusions is what becomes a policeless state which then becomes mob ruled and the atrocities happen on a large scale because people on both sides become scared. If the racial side is nudged then tensions build and it becomes hundreds v hundreds, whilst at present it is just a case of 2 guys against 1 which could have, as I said before, many reasons---in the late 60's and into the 70's I and many others were hated, spat on, beaten up, banned from bars etc etc but were told we must not retaliate because these were "our" own people and mostly we followed that rule and some of the same baiters are now my best friends so I am glad that there is a rule of law and laws to follow. It was 2 asian looking men not a gang of mixed tibetan and afgan market traders---do not tar everyone with the same brush.
Reaper.
Well said reaper,we are a multicultural society and live and let live i say

Facts are facts and people are innocent until proven guilty [not my words]
Yes, I have opinions, suspicions and tensions but my neighbours and friends are black, olive skinned, tanned, etc and muslim, catholic, c of e, jews so I keep my suspicions to myself, stay mum and carry on living together in the great community we have built together. There is no way I would upset the applecart by pointing the finger at a particular race or creed by opening my gob and saying--your lot did it.
Wait for the facts first--you need proof to convict not biased suspicion.
Love thy neighbour [but don't let their husband find outLOL]
Reaper.

Last edited:
I'm not saying ''that lot did it''. I'm saying THOSE TWO did it.
You are trying to twist this debate to suit your own agenda, whatever that may be.

Back