RAF serviceman attempted abduction

We know they did it but was it just two random blokes wanting to mess a bloke up for trying to touch his wife. Who happens to be in the raf

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think so no. But i'm not going on and on trying to convince people i'm right.
I have my opinion, some may share it, some may not. either way, i respect other peoples opinions, i don't lecture them to try and convince them they are wrong and i'm right.
Mr liberal Reaper ain't so liberal after all.

Like you said at start agree to disagree each opinion is valid. Nobody is right more than the other untill the facts come to light

Exactly. I'd like to ask one question though. If this RAF member was your father, brother or son, what would honestly be the first thought to enter your mind upon hearing about this incident?

I think you are taking this personally, whereas, I certainly am not making it so. While this is my opinion, I am not necessarily trying to get you to share mine, I am merely stating it the same as you stated yours. The fact that it has turned out that myself and reaper have opined at length in a stance opposed to yours does not make us right or wrong, it just means our opinions are similar.
Yours is just different to ours, is all. As for reapers liberality (liberalness??), I Don;t think it fair to attack him for no apparent reason. he is not saying you are wrong (nor am I), he is merely stating a different opinion.
I don't think that any one of us would say this is not a horrible thing to happen to anyone, regardless of their membership, or not, of the armed forces.

Addition as I just saw your post.

I would thin "fecking hell" how can this hapen in a civilised society

I tried to just to quickly think of it but all my head done was swear and say 2 C%#ts tried to attack dad. Let's go back and f%#k them up lol

I wasn't talking about you wheelo. I get the ''oh daddies telling me off'' vibe from reaper though.
Comes across as condescending. Maybe i'm reading too much into his posts and if that's the case i apologise.

I have met the man while on holiday, and I can assure you that is not the opinion I got from the man, however, he has personal experience of military and policing, so on this, I think he may have been speaking from the heart and bad experience

This incident is what led me to change my mind about all people being tarred with the same brush.
I was injured in the head during a stone throwing contest in Andersontown, NI--well known to a lot of our Irish friends on this board. I laid on the pavement as the police etc were pushed back. Two young guys in their 20's came over to me and I thought my time had come but no, they stood me up against a wall, put a shirt on my head to stop the blood and slowly hauled me around the corner out of the mobs way and into a car. I was still sweating in fear and going into shock but instead of hurting me further these lads pull up alongside a police landrover and handed me over so I could get treatment.These guys were from the other side and taught me that not everyone deserves hatred---I owe them a lot and will always be grateful---just don't know who they were.
Nowadays I live and let live---there's right and wrong but don't judge until you are sure.
Reaper.

That's the thing. In my mind i am sure.
I could be proven wrong in the near future, i could not. Live & learn.

---------- Post Merged at 08:54 PM ----------

To be perfectly honest, i'd actually prefer to be wrong. I'd rather it be some guy almost got the sh*t kicked out of him for slippin one to some other guys wife.
That's preferable to thinking we just came within a hair's breadth of another Lee Rigby.
I just don't think that's the case though.

I grew up with "the Troubles" on telly every night, and like most people was badly misled by our independent free press. After reading Bobby Sands' story I promised him that he hadn't died in vain.

And so to ISIS. Does anyone really believe that the West has never done anything to seriously piss off those whom we invaded? Yes, they have a crazy holy book which not only incites them to die, but also to kill, for their religion - just like our old testament. But there has to be something there to attract them in the first place.

In this case with the jogger, we have to say "innocent until proven guilty" otherwise we are as bad as them.

But I'm still pissed off at having to queue at the airport for two hours, with a limit of 100ml on liquids. There's a piece of me that thinks if this applied only to Arabs then we'd see some progress in identifying potential radicals ...

I just think this country is arse backwards. Maybe it's just me but, if two Asians armed with knives attempt to kidnap a serving British soldier, that should be 100% treated as an act of terrorism until if and when it gets proven otherwise.

Not the other way around.

marcus g its not just asians there a lots of other people
so hard to see

its a sickner but there do what there want

Back