Random box freeze and boot cycle

Hey guys

1st post.

Looking for a bit of help if anyone has experienced this?

I have two Star H2 (vermin).

Boxes were purchased direct from ZGemma UK.

I have an issue with one box. It randomly freezes, crashes or enters into a boot loop.

When it freezes, the onscreen image freezes and the box becomes unresponsive. When it crashes to 'boot' the box loops and displays 'boot' on the front panel.

It has been doing this on and off for the past few months.

The setup doesn't make a difference i.e. I have flashed Ipab ATV / Sucmnsee / Wooshbuild / VIX images, ran with various USBs attached, ran with no USBs attached.

The box flashes without issue.

The box was running fine for the first few months then the faults developed.

Both boxes are in the same household (one downstairs and one upstairs).

I have swapped the boxes over and kept and mirrored the working box setup using the same cables / feed / psu / external hard drive and i'm still getting the issues.

The box is well ventilated.

I think this is a box specific hardware issue as i've never had a problem with the other box.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apologies if this has been asked / discussed on another thread. I have had a good look around and couldn't see anyone else with the same issue.

Cheers

Are you installing any plugins etc. on the box which may be causing an issue?

It's going to be a hard one this without seeing error messages - the next time it does it, get a picture of the blue screen error message and upload it to here.

No plugins are being installed, just the image and setup for the box to work.

When it freezes I don't get any blue screen or error messages just a picture freeze. I then need to physically power down and restart the box.

When it crashes, it reboots / counts / starts up.

If it was an image / cable / storage issue I would expect to be able to replicate it across both boxes but I can't.

If it's still under warranty, i'd just return it to zgemma for a refund / replacement then.

Just got in from pub...sorry for hijacking. Im on avf and they dont like multiple threads all on the same thing

Back