Random pausing during recording playback?

MrShades

Whenever I try to play back a recorded TV programme (from a USB connected external 2.5" 250GB HDD) on my Zgemma Star 2S, with mtpockets Open ATV 4.2 build (including EMC v4.0.0) it plays OK for most of the time... but...

..at random intervals (can be a couple of mins between, or 5-10 mins) the playback pauses and then (about 10s later) resumes. A split second before the pause the picture stutters slightly and the audio goes, and then it stops... and then starts again a short while later.

if I rewind the programme to before the pause, and then play again - it plays perfectly (without the pause)... so it's definitely the media player within EMC pausing (if I hit "play" on the remote when it pauses then I can see the clock counting up - so the box hasn't stopped completely).

I'm making an assumption that EMC is using Media Player for playback - and if I go into Plugins and try to look at Media Player setup then the box blue-screensm crashes and reboots. I've tried uninstalling Media Player and reinstalling it but it still does the same, and I can't get into any "setup" that it may (or may not) have.

Does anyone else experience this occasional pause during recording playback? Alternatively, has anyone got any idea what I can do to fix it? It's not a huge problem - but a real annoyance.

Thanks

I can't help on OpenATV as changed to VIX, I had issues with HDD until I changed to a powered 3.5" unit, can you try another HDD?

Well, I could try a 32GB USB stick and see if it's any different I guess - good suggestion...

---------- Post Merged at 11:48 AM ----------

Can anyone confirm what "player" EMC uses?

I've tried moving a recording to a USB stick - and then use File Browser within TSpanel to browse to the USB stick and play the file... and it seems to use a Sly skinned player (Media Player???) for playback.

When I play a recording through EMC then it uses a different player interface... is this a player that's internal to EMC or something else or ????

Can anyone help with an explanation of which player EMC uses to play back recordings, and where the "Media Player" plugin features in this (if anywhere?)

Thanks,

I've checked the logs, and am getting the following messages - that coincide with the playback pause:

May 14 18:52:50 zgemmas2s user.info kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-brcm
May 14 19:16:10 zgemmas2s user.info kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-brcm
May 14 19:18:56 zgemmas2s user.info kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-brcm
May 14 19:25:11 zgemmas2s user.info kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-brcm

Any hints as to whether this is the drive (ex laptop drive in an external case: 250GB 2.5" USB powered), the cable or the lack of external power would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shades

Anyway, I've now ordered a 128GB memory stick - which will hopefully solve the problem with drive or cable!

Will report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back