Random scrambling on certain channel

luap1085

Hi all, not sure how to word this or what the answer is as I am kinda stumped, basically my daughter watches alot of disney channel jr and recently problems have started on it, around 4pm to about 9pm last 2 days it has been periodically scrambling every 2 mins for 5-10 secs, I would normally attribute it to my connection to router OR my provider however I think its quite unusual as it doesn't seem to do this on other channels.

Tested it on sky sports news (quite a popular pay channel) after getting periodic scrambles on disney channel, everything is fine, no scrambling/glitching at all, reset router sky sports news fine still, flick over to disney channel then periodic scrambled channel again, its becoming quite unbearable as my daughter loves all the programs on there and hasn't been able to watch things last few days, is it really more used than ssn and could my provider being overloaded be the issue or could this be something else?

Using an Mgcamd connection on a skybox f5s via ethernet on an 8mb unlimited broadband connection, I use a cheap usb stick (not drive) for my 7 day epg, not sure if this can cause any lag/delay at all.

Thanks for reading and help much appreciated, line has been solid for last month with ZERO downtime on any channel so doubt its my provider.

It won't be usb I have same with other channels its probably too many people watching same chanel over loading server

Hi,

As the box is connected alot to the disney jr channel it may cause this problem. I also had same problem with boomerang for the wee man..I contacted my provider and he said something about kicking my line of server to delete all stored caches because i was on one channel so much...dont quote me on that cant quite remember...But anyway once he kicked my line and reconnected, it solved problem for approx 4 weeks...Now my provider says that he kicks all lines approx once a month...Hope that makes sense, if i were you i would ask provider to kick you line..

Another problem i had was with extreme sports....kept scrambling but no other channels did..It turned out that my sky dish was slightly offline and once fixed problem went away...I beleive this has something to do with your line working in sync with you dish signal...ie if dish slightly off then channels on a certain transponder will glitch/scramble...

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Interesting thread..... I had exactly same
Problem with boomerang as well...... Kids won't watch anything else but tom and jerry or scoot doo . I messages supplier and he didn't reply but I will bear this in mind for future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey all, ty for the replies, contacted my provider and will post an update when he kicks my line if its resolved or not.

Not sure but BT broadband have had some major issues nationwide with dns and dropping service over the last 48hrs

Hmm I am with another provider but it couldnt be that anyway as it is only them 2 channels, spoke to my server guy and apparently he reboots his servers every 24 hours in the early hours of the morning so it cant be a cache issue. >>

Well guess maybe time will be the remedy on this..

Ok another little update, noticed yesterday when they started scrambling all the channels that was doing it shared the same transponder codes, all other channels that didnt share were not affected, there must be someone out there that knows what the cause of this is :P

Lnb skew...Or slightly off aligned dish..Also a problem on some boxs is lnb voltage switching for certain v/h transponders (ebay skybox no signal fix)...Get a local sat/tv guy to have a look at your dish and lnb..Give him a note with the transponder frequency that is causing problems..If he is not a monkey he will have a spectrum analyser that can look at the peaks and levels of each transponder..He should be able to determine what the problem is(dish of aligned,,faulty lnb)...i would probably charge £30 - 50 if needed new lnb...

Im guessing LNB...Lol...

Back