Really bad glitching on Zgemma H5

nizpatel

Hi

Set up a Zgemma H5 on both cable and sky. The HD channels are glitching very very bad. The picture distortes every few seconds. If I select Sky Sports 2 HD I can see Sky Sports 1 HD on the screen but the channel selected is Sky Sports 2 HD. I have the same line provider on another box and it's not glitching this bad.

Does anyone have any ideas to what the problem might be?

---------- Post Merged at 07:59 PM ----------

Screenshot_20170104-195847.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 07:59 PM ----------

Power levels on -15

sounds like a bad connection regarding the cables.

on the cable side have you used a splitter? if so what splitter, also what cable have you used. The interference sounds really bad by the way you described SS1 distorting over to SS2.

If you have used a splitter the Mhz should be 5-1000Mhz
Also using a quality type of cable is key as well instead of a cheap one
are channels being distorted on the sat side of things?

I am using wiring provided by VM during broadband installation. As well the a Tratec splitter. The engineer did install equalisers. The wiring is pretty tight and as I said, VM wiring so must be RG6 or WF100?

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ----------

I am using CCcam.

The line is fine as I have the same line for my Zgemma H2H and only limited glitching but I think that's due to power levels which I have spoken to our VM about.

---------- Post Merged at 08:13 PM ----------

Sat is working fine

i take it your line is multi room then, switch your h5 and h2h round to see if you get the same results on the h5 to see if its a box problem or a h2h problem.
i don't suppose you have any open ports on the splitter because that can also be a problem

I'll give that a try. Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 08:27 PM ----------

Would mg_camd work better than CCcam?

mgcamd is for n lines. I don't think the cam that your using would have anything to do with the distortion - more of a feed issue.
do you know what line you have? if it is a n line then you can use it in the newcamd.list (mgcamd)

I prefer n lines you can have your sat and cable on n lines at the same time, I just put the cable line first and sat line second in newcamd.list:
Example:
line 1 - cable
line 2 - Sat

I did a search on Google and apparently they are to reduce the signal levels to ensure a correct balance. Meaning not too much signal and not too less.

I get the exact same issue with my vu duo2 with the cable tuner, i can also assure you that the sat tuner is unaffected.

My cable tuner glitches like crazy when using the superhub for internet.
When using my phone instead to tether to the box for its connection, and turning off the superhub completely, i can confirm that the cable tuner becomes perfect.
I can also confirm that a zgemma LC under that same setup works fine when superhub is active.
So I now use the sat tuner in my duo as i cannot get to the bottom of the issue.
I also use VM cabling and correct 5-1000 splitter.
Snr is at 60% when having these issues, TiVo is not affected by the lower snr.
The same box works fine at another house where the SNR is 99% with superhub use.

Using an off the shelf amplifier does increase snr but doesn't solve the problem.
Also replacing all cabling, connectors and upgrading superhub makes no difference.

I can only conclude that a better SNR is needed to stop interference from the router, even if it's not needed to be better for TiVo to function. Now in a grey area as cannot get an engineer to solve a problem that's not officially there.
Hope my diagnosis at my end helps.

Last edited:
Back