Really confused and need some solid easy to understand answers

mbasidiq

Hi I am totally new to this and need some help. The tutorials are good but I guess I am a bit slow understanding them. I had 3.15 fw on my ps3 and downloaded 3.41 from the download section. I was able to update to 3.41 easily. Now I get confused...here.

1. Do I need that special USB board to use the exploit or can I just use any USB stick I have
2. If I must have the USB board then where do I get it from?
3. Will I lose the ability to play blu Ray movies?
4. Is there a way to undo the mod...like going back to do a factory restore
5. How do I copy a 40gig game to an external drive if the ps3 only recognizes fat32
6. Do I always have to have the USB stick in the ps3 before powering it on, and what will happen if it gets turned on without the USB sick in there?

Thanks for the help. Right now sadly I have things on hold till I can understand it a little better

Hi mbasidig
1 You will need a Device to Jailbreak,i Posted about 1 or 2 of them in the ps3 section as well as the answer to number 2,a normal usb will not jailbreak
3 loss of bluray only seems to come about from downgrading and is limited to certain older machines
4 The mod is basically a softmod so no changes are made to your hardware
5 You will have to check 1 of the many ps3 game compatibility lists to see which game goes to internal or external hdd,in order to get larger files over you will use ps3 file splitter
6 if you use a psgroove hex you will be able to remove the dongle after you have done the initial jailbreak,if the ps3 gets turned on without the dongle in it,its a normal ps3 but you will not have access to backup manager or the games you have backed up
I hope this has answered your questions and doubts,the scene is only going a few months and advances are being made everyday,when things start to standardise themselves i hope to be able to start posting more about it here,everyting at the moment is trial and error

Back