Recomended best box for HD VM?

muffmonkey

Im shortly moving over to VM cable from sat and want to do it right the first time by getting the best reliable box for HD VM,what do people use and recomend buying.:)

There is no best box for vm HD as they all do the same job lol

What would you be looking to do on there?
record 1 channel watch another?
or just simply watch tv without any recording?

Et8500 seems to be the new minimum standard official vix and 2 year warranty and take an internal hard drive, I use duo 2 myself which is worth it if you have the spare cash

@Burlesy - Ahh i see,well i didnt know they all did the same job fella hence why i asked for help/recomendations;)..i`ve only been used to a v8s sat box and know nothing about vm boxes and what they do and dont do.

Makes it a much easier choice then really,a box that can record one channel while watching another would be perfect i recon as it will help to keep the wife and kids off my back when i want to watch or record the boxing.(y)

Last edited:
Ahh well you've came to the right place ;)

I use the xtrend et8500.
I have 3 tuners 1 sat 2 cable.
I can record 2 channels whilst watching another.
It also can handle iptv streaming.
However zgemma h2h is also on the cards i would say.
That comes with 1 sat tuner and 1 cable tuner.
I believe there is an openbox v8 gold box that has 1 sat 1 cable
There are a few ways you can go about it :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use a VU+ Solo SE V2 with twin cable tuners and an external hard drive.
That way, I can watch a previous recorded program on the hard drive, while recording two further programs on the twin tuners, if necessary ...... :yes!:

wow..so many boxes and so many options,not really bothered about multiple tuners as i dont record that much,ease of use(cos im thick)and quality/reliability are more important to me,as long as i can get the HD channels back and dont have to suffer freezing and glitching then im happy.(y)

You shouldn't be suffering from freezing and glitching on your sat anyway.

Well if your not fussed about recording then I would get a h2h personally(you can still record if you have a sat & cable feed to your box) :)

Am i right in thinking the VU+ Solo SE V2 only needs one cable feed to provide 2 tuners

There are several cable boxes around that have twin tuners and only require 1 feed in. Some boxes also support internal hard drive to keep things nice and tidy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back