1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a good set top box supplier

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by myboyrupert, Mar 20, 2017.

1. myboyrupert

myboyrupert Forum Supporter

Hi guys, I just wondered if anyone can recommend a good supplier with good after sales service.

A few weeks ago I bought a ZGemma H5, managed to get it going but not overly impressed with its performance. No problem, I put it in the bedroom and bought a Technomate Twin 4K. This box turned out to be faulty. But unlike when I buy stuff from M&S or John Lewis, when I returned this defective product I have to wait to see if they can find the same fault I found.

It's a bit like the headteacher telling my kid has does something bad at school, but before I take disciplinary action, I wait..... just to see if she behaves in the same manner at home. is it me or does this seem wrong?

Where's the best place to do business?

2. ste

ste Forum Supporter

For a zgemma i'd say on here... for anything else, wos is supposed to be good.

3. myboyrupert

Yeah, I got the ZGemma on here. And yes, I got the Twin 4K from WOS....hmm

4. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran Forum Supporter

There's a few suppliers about, try Googling the brand of reciever your after.
    I know Amaz0n sell a few different brands, being a big company I wouldn't of thought there would be any issues with them.

5. myboyrupert

Cheers dangerous. I've had recommendations to look at Mutant or Octagon brands

6. dangerous

Yes both good brands.
    I use a mutant HD51, fantastic reciever

7. myboyrupert

Is it a combo? Fast and reliable?

8. dangerous

Very fast an so far reliable, I also have the previous model witch has run flawlessly since new.
    Im running twin Cable at the moment but I've bought a sat tuner to fit as I don't record much.

9. myboyrupert

Sounds promising, I'll certainly consider it.