Recommend Box for IPTV?

gosnis

Hi all,
Im looking for a stable box with a decent EPG for a family member, it must be simple to use and reliable.

Any recommendations peeps?

What budget do you have?
Just IPTV?
Android/Sat/Cable?

Only IPTV in this instance.
Not sure how much they are willing to spend at the mo'.
I have H2H which seems to do a decent job but I'm aware there are better boxes for this purpose.

If your wanting a low end budget box I would say zgemma h2s with freesat or remaining sat channels and iptv and iptv epg all linked able to record or you could always get a firestick simple to use set up and if for a family member added bonus of on demand for catchup of soaps if they like them but as @dt99 mentioned depends on budget as there is better boxes but depends on price range and iptv supplier

If it's just IPTV, you could spend a little and get something like a Firestick, £34.99 for the new 4k version or £24.99 for the older non 4k version, both will run IPTV fine.

Obviously you can get better boxes that do other things, but the price increases. If it's literally IPTV and nothing else, then the Firestick will be fine.

Have to agree don't need to pay loads just for a box for iptv when there is cheaper devices like Firesticks that will run iptv quite well plus you get Netflix and other apps for the price dt99 has mentioned its a bargain where as with a box you have to set them up to how you want where as android most are just plug and play or download an iptv app enter your iptv details away you go

Thanks for the input guys.
Initially I was interested in the Mag Box but am unfamiliar with them.
And also wasn't to sure if the Firestick would be powerful enough.

Mag all the way if it is for somebody else it will save you a lot of hassle in the future trust me I have been there with family/friends/colleagues using Zgemmas, Firesticks, Android boxes and the like. Without sounding patronising even the simplest of tasks to some can blow other people's minds :grin:
With a Mag it does what it's intended for nothing more nothing less.

Mag box all the way m8 very easy to setup for support, the mag 322 is the one to get these days

there are a few theads similar to this.

The questions you need to ask yourself

1, What content am i using - in this case IPTV - will you want other APK's?
2, what apps would i use - Mag have built in panal easy to use, but i find it rather to simple - Android box, iptv smarters (recent update has mixed reviews) stb emu pro.
3, will the end user be able to complete simple tasks - Refreshing channel list etc

without the answers to these simple questions you cant really begin to look at boxes. You need to have a clear mind as to what who and how you want to view content.

My 2 set up's
Formuler Z7+ - android based, MOL application easy to use and setup. (some say its glitchy but for me its been perfect)
Allows Plex and other APK set up.

Android box H96 Pro (some boxes going for around 38.99 running 4gb ram 32gb rom and the RK3329 chip) - Running IPTV SMarters and a few other APK's

Zgemma - Never felt right for IPTV for me but others have been using it successfully. can be a little trickey to set up.

Black Friday deals out there you can pick up a bargain or 2....

Interesting. OK.

Just been looking at the specs of both the Mag 322, and the FireStick 4K.

--------------------------
FireStick 4K @ £35
CPU = 1.7GHz Quad-Core
Ram = 1.5 GB
ROM = 8.0 GB
Wifi = 802.11ac

MagBox 322 @ £63
CPU = 750Mhz Dual-Core
Ram = 512 MB
ROM = 512 MB
Wifi = None (add £10 for usb wifi).

Hardware wise, the FireStick is by far better value for money...

Question:
01. I get that the Mag Box runs on Linux and is optimised for IPTV,
and that the Firestick is based on Android,
are there any images/firmware (not apk) that can be flashed to a FireStick to optimise it for IPTV?

02. The EPGs I've seen on both look crap, can either be skinned like enigma2 boxes?

Last edited:
Interesting. OK.

FireStick 4K @ £35
CPU = 1.7GHz Quad-Core
Ram = 1.5 GB
ROM = 8.0 GB
Wifi = 802.11ac

MagBox 322 @ £63
CPU = 750Mhz Dual-Core
Ram = 512 MB
ROM = 512 MB

Question:
are there any images that can be flashed to a FireStick to optimise it for IPTV?

02. The EPGs I've seen on both look crap, can either be skinned like enigma2 boxes?

STB emu is probably the closest you will get on a Firestick there is also Smarters but the now and next gives no program info. Unfortunately no skining like enigma 2 devices. The specs do the talking in my opinion both STB emu and Smarters are very capable IPTV apps even if they do look a bit crap.

Interesting. OK.

FireStick 4K @ £35
CPU = 1.7GHz Quad-Core
Ram = 1.5 GB
ROM = 8.0 GB
Wifi = 802.11ac

MagBox 322 @ £63
CPU = 750Mhz Dual-Core
Ram = 512 MB
ROM = 512 MB

Question:
are there any images/firmware (not apk) that can be flashed to a FireStick to optimise it for IPTV?

I prefer enigma,all day long to Android or Mag but if it's for relatives,friends etc I give them a mag box, then I don't have to spend every other night on the phone trying to explain how to do things. Got the t-shirt.

STB emu is probably the closest you will get on a Firestick there is also Smarters but the now and next gives no program info. Unfortunately no skining like enigma 2 devices. The specs do the talking in my opinion both STB emu and Smarters are very capable IPTV apps even if they do look a bit crap.
Have to agree not only that mag boxes can't have vpns on them if required where as the 2nd gen firestick and new 4k ones you can

No need to flash the firestick, just sideload STBEMU or something similar and away you go

Only negative is no sly or virgin skin

Honest reliable IPTV with support required for a mag device. Must show 3pm games and PPV.

Service must be stable without any blocks.

Pls PM me.

I've been using a Fire TV box for a year and a half and I would say there's nothing wrong with them and you get the Magbox look with STBEMU or similar.

Plus, isn't there a problem with Mag's at the moment with their latest update??

Back