recommend fastest image for zgemma 2s

indiehead

hi guys what is the fastest image to use ? I find adding streaming services slows the box so I decided to re-flash the box. what is the fastest image out there? just a regular openatv image maybe? I've tried woosh etc... great image but after adding streaming is slow for me so I'm thinking of adding the most basic so there's less drain on the cpu, ram or whatever. cheers.

Use a raw image from their forum. Or if u really don't want to learn and need a build use ipab.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Woosh is openatv but it's pish. Use a raw image from their forum. Or if u really don't want to learn and need a build use ipab.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I just used openatv 6.0 but it's not great, still struggling a bit. Just configuring it, installing cacheflush etc... is that what you mean by raw image??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use 6.1 as 6.0 had driver issues.

Code:
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.1/index.php?open=zgemmas2s

when I used to own a zgemma star 2s I used to have a patched vix image on it, and while it ran fine most of the time, it wasn't without its issues so I removed it and put whooshbuild and atv on it, it ran much faster and better with the swap file enabled, remember its just a old box by todays standards.

making your own image is the way to go as you only use what you want/need..keeping things simple will help with speed of the box so leave out extra plugins & picon sets to free up the boxes resources, this allows the box to do what it is designed to be doing rather than looking flashy/bloated with extra's that are not needed. Having made & used both barebones images & fully loaded images the speed difference can be considerable so IF box speed is important bare bones is the hands down winner!

I have my 2s pretty basic no streaming plugins at all not even IPTV player it sits upstairs for the odd viewing, I just update it every couple of months as and when I think its needed

Back