Recommend me a Freesat Setup

TickTack

My trusty Zgemma has died and owes me nothing.

I'm looking for a decent box, sub £100 if poss - I also have an IPTV sub on firestick, so sorted that way.

Any suggestions guys?

Any of the zgemma's are good for satellite but something like a H5.2s is pretty cheap and you can also run IPTV on this if needed.

Thanks buddy. There are obviously a lot of boxes out there, some that need setting up, some are plug and play - like human etc. I was interested to see what peeps had to say.

Stuck on BOOT mate, tried all sorts - format stick to FAT32, tried reflashing with Different images......no dice

Many have had boot issues on zgemma and after a long session got it to flash with a low level format and different usb sticks 8 gb,have you gone through all that

Use the info @Willo3092 - this will sort your USB so it can flash a box: http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/

I have had the same USB for flashing for 2.5 years and yet one day recently it stopped. Using the tool above sorted my USB and I am sorted again. You have nothing to lose as you think the box is dead anyway.

As for boxes are you looking for a twin sat tuner or single?

Twin tuner - @cactikid what is the name of that Alpha box?
Single tuner I would go for the Zgemma H9S for it's pure speed and low cost.

Both will run your IPTV without an issue saving you having to switch to the firestick. If you want to that is.

Thanks guys,

@wooshman thanks for the builds, I've been using them for years

Use the info @Willo3092 - this will sort your USB so it can flash a box: http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/

I have had the same USB for flashing for 2.5 years and yet one day recently it stopped. Using the tool above sorted my USB and I am sorted again. You have nothing to lose as you think the box is dead anyway.

As for boxes are you looking for a twin sat tuner or single?

Twin tuner - @cactikid what is the name of that Alpha box?
Single tuner I would go for the Zgemma H9S for it's pure speed and low cost.

Both will run your IPTV without an issue saving you having to switch to the firestick. If you want to that is.

Thanks for this tip, I reflashed the USB drive using this software and reloaded Basebuild. Hey presto! I got it to flash, oddly though it wouldn't flash using the front USB drive, only the back one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this tip, I reflashed the USB drive using this software and reloaded Basebuild. Hey presto! I got it to flash, oddly though it wouldn't flash using the front USB drive, only the back one.
Please you are up and running again.

I wrongly presumed you were running an H2S or H2H, but sounds like you are running a 2S in which case flash from the rear port as you can't flash from the front one lol.

Back