Recommended Cable box

indiehead

Hi guys, what box for a budget to decent price is available out there? Using hub 3 on vm. Any price from £30-£100 really. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take a look at the lots of boxes available. I wouldn't go cheap get a decent quality box, internal HDD support. Plenty of other threads with all this info on.

Last edited by a moderator:
by far zgemma cable boxes are great for starting off with ;);)

H5.2tc has a twin cable for £95, if you don't record so only need single tuner I think the H2H is about £70

If i was starting off now, I'd be looking at something that is primarily an iptv box but can also handle cable...c/s may well be on the way out and I believe iptv will be the only option within a year or two

If you want quick and I mean real quick then take at look at cable boxes with ARM processors.

If you want quick and I mean real quick then take at look at cable boxes with ARM processors.

which ones would these be then?

I may treat myself to something more modern, the box I'm using now doesn't support HD as HD hadn't been invented when this box was new, I think it came over on the Ark.
I'm looking at summat that will handle iptv easily enough but also cable, not interested in satellite for obvious reasons.
I've got a 20mbps connection but can increase that to fifty if i feel inclined

, I recently looked at all boxes cable tuners only. It came down to Mutant HD51 which is on offer at the moment or Octagon SF4008. I went for the Octogon quality build and support upto to 3 x dvb-c. There is also a VU box that some members have and you can record up to 8 at once. All the E2 boxes should be able to handle IPTV. I also like the boxes that have internal HDD support.

I have the Vu+ Uno 4K which has the 8 tuners, its a cracking box, the zgemma H7c also has an ARM processor and is a great box but needs two cable feeds, compared to the Vu+ only requiring one.

Ouch, £239 plus extras? - I should have said, I don't record so this isn't required (does anyone in this day and age when everything is available OD or catchup?)

Record facility is handy as you may find some stuff may not be on demand, once you've got it you'll use it! Plus with the Vu+ box if you download the app you can stream to an android or apple devices.

Plus with the Vu+ box if you download the app you can stream to an android or apple devices.
You can do that with any enigma based box as long as there is a free tuner on it.

I agree though that the record feature is something you may not need, but once you have it it will get used

So handy to record one and watch another, Mutant is on offer at the mo £169 for 2x dvb-c

record hell yes i do as got multiple boxes and internal and external and nas drives and having the abilty to record you will say why you not got it sooner.

Back