Recommended Twin Tuner box?

matt007

Hi, as the title suggests, I am after a twin tuner box and I am told that Technomate have good reliable boxes at decent prices. So I was wondering, from experience, which Technomate twin tuner boxes would you recommend? Main priority for me is that the box should be fast and stable.

Hi yes technomate do decent boxes i normally supply nano 2t that are twin tuner e2 sat & can have a internal 2.5 santa hdd fitted & retail approx. £150 / my only word of warning wether you buy a new or used box before you flash any image update the boot loader to the newest version 1st.

Im tempted with the TM Twin but not sure about the CPU. It seems be half the clock speed of most newer boxes. Is this really a concern that it only has 405mhz CPU and 384mb RAM? I want to use it for everyday TV use (replacing SKY HD box) as well as occasional plugins.

Im tempted with the TM Twin but not sure about the CPU. It seems be half the clock speed of most newer boxes. Is this really a concern that it only has 405mhz CPU and 384mb RAM? I want to use it for everyday TV use (replacing SKY HD box) as well as occasional plugins.

Not really. the only different with a faster processor the box boots from a full power off within about 30 second, the box your looking at will take about a 1min. other than that its faster then a skybox.

Im not too concerned with boot times as it wont be completely turned off. Im only concerned that it will take long to load plugins, epg and other graphical displays etc

Im not too concerned with boot times as it wont be completely turned off. Im only concerned that it will take long to load plugins, epg and other graphical displays etc

Not much epg will load with 2 seconds plugin same.

Would you say the difference will be noticeable? I've also seen it has over twice as fast cpu (not that makes much difference according to previous posts)

Hi I'm sorry to hijack your thread but 8m not sure how to start my own I currently own a gigablue combo hybrid box which I run vm and sly. I was wondering what the best box is around for about £250

For that price I would recommend a Vu+ Solo2
Cheers for the advice
I mainly bought the gigablue for football but iv also seen some comments about premier league games on iptv the three o'clock ones so I wouldn't even mind spending more as long as I get sky and virgin to so if you could recommend an even better box I would be happy on any ideas you may have

The Vu+ solo is just satellite only box, have a look at world of sat website at there combo boxes. the Golden interstar LX2 good price at £129 or if you want the best have a look at the LX3.

I already own a gigablue se+ 800 hybrid combo I was looking at world of sat and I would like something better preferably with some apps or iptv for more choice of the 3 o'clock kick off any comments or even advice on stuff I can add to my current box would be good I'm new to all this

iptv is being blocked by some internet providers so, its a bit hit and miss. you could download pluggins onto your gigablue box, tsmedia and kodi to try, but same as iptv hit and miss am afraid. some will work depends on your internet BT seem to be blocking most.

Back