Recording on h2s

Hi everyone, I currently have a zgemma h2s running ipab build. Amazing box, got everything set up as should be, but....
I’m running it as iptv only, no satellite connected so just internet only as that’s all I wanted, my issue is how to record properly. Have followed about 300 videos from YouTube that show you how to format external hdd for recording and timeshift, however everything I go to record it literally records a minute then freezes up the channel I’m watching, it’s doing my nut in as I bought this to replace sky q. As I say everything else is working, I have full epg guide etc, timeahift etc set to my hdd location but just can’t bloody record.
Any help greatfully received please!!!
Thanks

Ok so if I was to contact my guy I got the subby from he would be able to activate another account for me. But for all purposes would just show as one on my box meaning I can record? If it does I owe you a pint! Cheers

Depends on who your sub is with mate. Some offer more than 1 connection (mine offers up to 3 concurrent). You normally can upgrade your account so you don’t have to buy a complete new subscription; you just need to pay the difference.

One last question baz, can you pm me who ur subby is from and what I need to ask for as I may aswell just start over and chalk it all up to experience mate! Thanks

And this definitely works does it? If it does as I say that’s amazing! So series link would also work aswell?! Cheers lads!
Yep - tried on both ZGemma H2S and Mutant HD51. Series Link does work on IPTV but in my opinion, it is not as reliable as for Sat / Cable connections, although it does work. And make sure you have at least 7 days EPG if you are going to do series link

Nice one baz, apprexiate the help, long story short I need to make sure my iptv seller will let me run 2 lines through 1 subby to allow the recording to work properly. Thanks

Nice one baz, apprexiate the help, long story short I need to make sure my iptv seller will let me run 2 lines through 1 subby to allow the recording to work properly. Thanks
hi paul did you get this all sorted?, im using c/s atm on my h2s box but looking into iptv but we record most of our tv and watch it at our leisure no ads etc, a massive factor for us and iptv is recording, can you record and watch something else, does series link work, does 7 day epg work? lots of questions but you seem to be doing similar. cheers rob.

Hi mate. As far as I can see it’s down to who supplies your iptv, however my supplier billed me for 2 lines (multiroom) and recording only works if the box is in standby. The quality is as good as sky in my opinion, but it does lack the recording that you would be used to with sky. Best thing to do is to buy a month subby from someone and if they’re good then look into a longer subby. I use a certain company and they’re bang on for quality.
But long story short I’m still not able to find a solution to the recording issue which is the only thing that drives me nuts!!!

Last edited:
Hi mate. As far as I can see it’s down to who supplies your iptv, however my supplier billed me for 2 lines (multiroom) and recording only works if the box is in standby. The quality is as good as sky in my opinion, but it does lack the recording that you would be used to with sky. Best thing to do is to buy a month subby from someone and if they’re good then look into a longer subby. I use ********* and they’re bang on for quality.
But long story short I’m still not able to find a solution to the recording issue which is the only thing that drives me nuts!!!

Edit your post as I have done

Hi mate. As far as I can see it’s down to who supplies your iptv, however my supplier billed me for 2 lines (multiroom) and recording only works if the box is in standby. The quality is as good as sky in my opinion, but it does lack the recording that you would be used to with sky. Best thing to do is to buy a month subby from someone and if they’re good then look into a longer subby. I use a certain company and they’re bang on for quality.

cheers, i need to start asking about more about recording as we have 2 kids so our viewing is always what we have recorded and the missus records loads of stuff (crap) to watch whilst ironing etc.
we need the facility to record 2 things if possible and view a recorded show. and use a the woosh/kiddac sly build/skin, dont want much realy!

does anyone have an iptv provider who can support my wishes? cheers

Back