Recover Dead Openbox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

i have a openbox v8s im not sure whether its a clone or original, ive tried flashing it with software, but i am not sure which ones for a clone and which ones original, on the front of my box it goes L093 then it goes upto L097 and stops. its my mates box and i said i would take a look at it. The files i have tried load on but i just get the same again, any help would be well appreciated

Hi,

Hope someone can help. Have a V8S box stuck on load.
I purchased a RS232 cable to USB.
Both the Lead and the box are Male (does this make sense).
I have purchased a female to female gender changer.
Have tried to recover box, get to please reset target, switch on and nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong please? Will the gender changer cause a problem?
If yes how do I get a RS232 cable with a female end. Can anyone give me a link, please?
Any help appreciated...

Thanks
Dan

Hi,

Hope someone can help. Have a V8S box stuck on load.
I purchased a RS232 cable to USB.
Both the Lead and the box are Male (does this make sense).
I have purchased a female to female gender changer.
Have tried to recover box, get to please reset target, switch on and nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong please? Will the gender changer cause a problem?
If yes how do I get a RS232 cable with a female end. Can anyone give me a link, please?
Any help appreciated...

Thanks
Dan

Can anyone help please? Thanks

I would recommend a full card for install in pc....

Search amazon for RS232 card.... I would post link but not allowed as just joined

Something like this : )

I also have a box stuck on 'Load' after a channel update and whilst I am confident of doing a flash update using the required cables etc, I don't have a windows machine, I have a Mac. Can th update be done using a Mac? Or am I going to have to beg /steal/borrow a laptop from somebody?

Plus, anyone know is the RS232 to USB cables are sold in High Street/Local shops, or is Amazon/Ebay best option? I could do with flashing my box sooner rather later, so don't want to wait for a cable to shipped from China.

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I bought an openbox v8s recently for my daughter who's not very well. Thought it would give her more channels to watch.

My situation is this:

I am new to all this so all I had done before today was:
Add TP_PROG file (ajsat one)
Added 2 c-lines in my CCcam.cfg which, when/while online worked fine (lasted about a week)
They went dead so added 2 more c-lines to the cfg file
Popped in USB stick
Wnt through the same process of updating this config file as I did before.
After it updated went to Manage config option - checked it and the now 4 lines read
LOGIN
NEED REBOOT

I came out of the menu system - checked a couple of channels

Went back to Manage CCcam files and bottom two lines said ONLINE
The top two said OFFLINE still so I unticked them, then went to the Delete option, but never deleted them

Turned off/on the v8s

Box goes through loading to L100
Openbox logo appears on screen
Sometimes a picture appears for like half a second, but not always.
Box then displays something like 'styt' or 'st4t'
Box then goes to 0025 (channel?) but screen is blank.
Pressing Menu turns the display to ---- but screen still blank.

The remote is being recognised - I can channel up/down but nothing displays on screen.

Please help a dad in distress! My daughter is upset as she doesn't have a fraction of the FTA channels she had before I messed something up with the v8s.

Will the RS232 cable and this fix resolve my issue, do you think? Is it fairly easy for an inexperienced old dad like me?

Any help really appreciated.
Kybo

Hi All, I am a newby/novice can anyone help got a V8S recording to usb was ok with sound, now no sound any ideas?

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I bought an openbox v8s recently for my daughter who's not very well. Thought it would give her more channels to watch.

My situation is this:

I am new to all this so all I had done before today was:
Add TP_PROG file (ajsat one)
Added 2 c-lines in my CCcam.cfg which, when/while online worked fine (lasted about a week)
They went dead so added 2 more c-lines to the cfg file
Popped in USB stick
Wnt through the same process of updating this config file as I did before.
After it updated went to Manage config option - checked it and the now 4 lines read
LOGIN
NEED REBOOT

I came out of the menu system - checked a couple of channels

Went back to Manage CCcam files and bottom two lines said ONLINE
The top two said OFFLINE still so I unticked them, then went to the Delete option, but never deleted them

Turned off/on the v8s

Box goes through loading to L100
Openbox logo appears on screen
Sometimes a picture appears for like half a second, but not always.
Box then displays something like 'styt' or 'st4t'
Box then goes to 0025 (channel?) but screen is blank.
Pressing Menu turns the display to ---- but screen still blank.

The remote is being recognised - I can channel up/down but nothing displays on screen.

Please help a dad in distress! My daughter is upset as she doesn't have a fraction of the FTA channels she had before I messed something up with the v8s.

Will the RS232 cable and this fix resolve my issue, do you think? Is it fairly easy for an inexperienced old dad like me?

Any help really appreciated.
Kybo

Have you got the box working yet ??? you need to delete the lines firstly,, make sure you delete the channels and then start again,,, on the usb only put 1 file at a time without any folders and make the cccam file on the computer to transfer across with usb.... are you connected to internet by ethernet or usb ?? let me know i will help you if needed still....

hi ive got the same problem bought the cable but when i try doing it keeps saying synchronizing STBs please reset target but when i connect the power it doesnt say done please help need to get 2 boxes sorted before chritmas i bought 2 for my sons but tried setting them up so they were ready for christmas and they have both froze with load please can you help

Back