Recover Dead Skybox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

For the F5s you will not see much difference if using C or N line.
The line is added by formatting a usb key to fat32 then add the CCcam.cfg to the key and install in usb port.
Reaper.

Sorry to sound a bit thick but I connect the usb/ serial cable but in device manager there is a exclamation mark saying drivers not installed but I did install the pl2303 drivers that came on the disc.

Also which firmware on the yojiatech site do I need to install - there are a few.

No76 on downloads.
Always check drivers installed.

I have tried the drivers that came with the cable but it says error no 10 device unable to start. Now when I plug it in, windows starts to install the drivers but after it finishes it has that exclamation mark in device manager. Really stumped

Than
Send me the box if you want to and I will see if fixable or not.
e-mail for address and details if you want to send.
thegrimreaper@opencasket.co.uk
Col.

Thanks for the offer.

So I have progressed. I have the usb serial drivers working - as you would expect it was a clone pl2303 so I needed to find the clone drivers. So now I am stuck on the Erom upgrade.

I run the erom upgrade tool, select the correct port and firmware and it goes to the "synchronising targets" screen and after I plug in the power supply nothing happens. It doesnt move to the Done screen.

Locate post 1686 and you will see that I have put up files there.
Reaper.

I have looked at your post 1686 and downloaded the files it says eromclient_M3606.abs on one of the files - its the same version that I have downloaded. So is this the correct version? Where do I confirm its m3601?

Hi there. Please assist. I have a f5s have done a factory reset erasing everything including Ccams etc. Have loaded channel lists etc. It works but like freeview. i.e. $ not working. Have all info about line which is working as tried on a friends box. Will I need to flash new firmware with RS232. Thanks

Hi there. Please assist. I have a f5s have done a factory reset erasing everything including Ccams etc. Have loaded channel lists etc. It works but like freeview. i.e. $ not working. Have all info about line which is working as tried on a friends box. Will I need to flash new firmware with RS232. Thanks

So I have tried this on desktop - keep getting stuck on the synchronsing stb screen and twice now thedesktop has crashed after I plug in the power cable - BSOD - ser2pl64.sys driver causing it.

Desktop running windows 8.1 pro x64

Realised the desktop does have a serial port but I am using a usb to serial cable - I know its working correctly as I checked in device manager.

Any suggestions?

I am at the point of just ditching this box but then I have invested so much time into this that I want to fix it now!!

You cannot use serial to usb from desktop to box as the Null modem cable must connect to the RS232 socket on box. So it's either a full Null modem cable serial to serial or use lap top with the prolific usb to serial on box.
Reaper.

PS offer still stands.

You cannot use serial to usb from desktop to box as the Null modem cable must connect to the RS232 socket on box. So it's either a full Null modem cable serial to serial or use lap top with the prolific usb to serial on box.
Reaper.

PS offer still stands.

Thanks for the offer. I still might take it up. I have ordered a null serial to serial cable and will try on my dekstop. Otherwise I might just ditch this box and get a new one. lol

Back