Recover Dead Skybox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

Anyone got the firmware for the Chinese F5S/S-F5S please? I want to try it on my genuine skybox as they have features current firmware is lacking and I can't find a way to add anything to current firmware, thanks

Anyone got the firmware for the Chinese F5S/S-F5S please? I want to try it on my genuine skybox as they have features current firmware is lacking and I can't find a way to add anything to current firmware, thanks
the clone firmware wont work on a genuine box

Hi can anyone help I have tried everything to get my openbox 8vs back from the dead but to no avail. it all goes well until I have to wait for the DONE message but alas it never appears, I bought the recommended cable and followed the great help on here about the downloads but it just wont go to DONE any help would be great thanks

The erom upgrade tool works on most pc's now including windows 10---you just need the correct cable/connections and the right erom upgrade tool for your box.
Use the firmware from yojiatech and remember F5s is same as V5s etc.
Reaper.

The erom upgrade tool works on most pc's now including windows 10---you just need the correct cable/connections and the right erom upgrade tool for your box.
Use the firmware from yojiatech and remember F5s is same as V5s etc.
Reaper.
thanks reaper, I have the recommend cable, downloaded the correct erom tool I think, but when it gets to the part where it should say done. it just stops there, I have a 8vs any help would be great thanks

Go here-- http://www.yojiatech.com/index.php?route=module/download
Download file No81 which is correct for your model.
You need the ali3511 erom upgrade tool plus null modem cable.
If using laptop then ensure you have loaded drivers for the cable and check in management that you are using correct port--then its just a game of patience.
Reaper.
Thanks I have done all that as I followed your advice earlier in the thread, should i just leave it at the done stage for a time to see if it goes to done. thank you

Try that but also check the pdf at the download site to check if box is early clone.
Also check the psu on your box as if dodgy it can affect the box operation.
Reaper.

And thereby may lie the problem--the psu's are notorious for deteriorating so try another but make certain it's a correct type.
Reaper.

I had that happen to me too, Skybox 5S kept rebooting because the power supply wasn't providing enough current. Swapped out the power supply for one that gave out more current, not voltage, and worked great. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

And thereby may lie the problem--the psu's are notorious for deteriorating so try another but make certain it's a correct type.
Reaper.
Hi no its not the psu the same thing happening with another psu, sync stb please reset target, just have to bin it, cheers anyway

The box was working fine but I updated it through network but when rebooted it came up load and I have never managed to get it off tried everything it goes through the setup of Erom etc but at end boots back up on load screen I am using windows 10 been told that could be the problem is there another way I can get it working again as git my m3u list but Carnt use it lol

The box was working fine but I updated it through network but when rebooted it came up load and I have never managed to get it off tried everything it goes through the setup of Erom etc but at end boots back up on load screen I am using windows 10 been told that could be the problem is there another way I can get it working again as git my m3u list but Carnt use it lol
I flashed my F5 using Reapers instructions with W10 and no issues

Back