Regarding images, signal, and some other stuff

Syloxus

So I've been familiar with things since I first got an Openbox v5s in 2014, then a Zgemma H.2S early last year. I decided to get a H.2H as we all know what happened/happening to sly channels.

At the moment I'm using the latest iPab image for the H.2H (it works well for me, and I like how it removes the non working sly channels). I'm using mgcamd at the moment, with my old sly cline in the 'cccamd.list' file so it'll work with just mgcamd selected (which I find incredibly handy).

I was wondering if iPab is the best image for the H.2H or is there another, or if it's just preference? I was also looking for a Vix image if anyone would be able to point me in the right place.

One last thing is my current signal SNR is 73% (sometimes jumps to 77% then back, some channels are 77%), the AGC is 9%, I've attached a screenshot of it, I'm unsure if that's good as I've only recently started using a cable box, still getting to know the differences to Sat. I'm using RG6 cable right now, but I'm replacing it all with WF100 cable, the cable cabinet is right outside my house, I do have to use attenuators as the signal is so strong.

But sometimes some channels do have the occasional freeze (namely BBC/ITV HD channels and a few others, on some lines it just doesn't work at all), as I'm in the Wales area I get the Wales versions of these channels on virmin, the ECM ping on them are usually around the 1.95-3.08 range, but other channels like movies and sports work flawlessly and have a low ECM, usually around 0.41-1.70, it's been the same on multiple lines I've tested, my current line it works fine, although BBC 1 HD does take around 2-5 seconds to show up compared to others, I was just curious what would cause this.

Sorry for the wall of text.

TLDR; Using iPab, is there a better image, and is there a vix image? Also signal SNR is 73% (jumps to 77% sometimes), AGC is 9% (I attached an image), is this good range? And is there a particular reason why BBC/ITV HD channels sometimes freeze (not all the time, just sometimes), on some lines they don't work at all, I'm in the Wales area so I get BBC One Wales HD.

Attachments

• VM Signal.jpg
    VM Signal.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 24
Back