Windows 8 reinstall win8

aldan

VIP Member
so im working on a desktop with win8 pro installed.well,was installed.the customer decided he would mess with it and now it wont boot to the os at all.now ive got win7 isos and all i do is install from the appropriate disk and use their key.is there a win8 iso download that will allow me to do this? i hate win8. he actually has a key.lol

If he has a key then you should be able to download itbt following the instructions
here.......
redmondpie.com/download-windows-8-iso-x86-x64-file-directly-from-microsoft/

tried that,but i cant boot this thing into windows to run that installer.this will have to be a clean install.

You could run the installer on another pc and then burn the iso to disc to use on the broken pc

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

hope this helps aldan

f you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the reset has finished.

Warning

All your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. All applications that you've installed will be removed. Only the applications that came with your PC will be reinstalled.

To reset your PC

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)

Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on screen.

Note

You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data less likely.

Back