Reliable Epg

Shaikhy91

Hi guys,

So I have iptv running on LG smart tv . The epg is a bit hit and miss so was just wondering what others were using and if there was any way to improve it?

Thanks

The EPG is normally down to your supplier. However, if you are using the smart iptv app it can be a bit of hit and miss.

It's annoying alright, I don't think so. Only ever had a couple of trials on smart tv. Preferred to have a box. Maybe send a question to your supplier or see if you get a better answer on here.They might know of a way.

It's annoying alright, I don't think so. Only ever had a couple of trials on smart tv. Preferred to have a box. Maybe send a question to your supplier or see if you get a better answer on here.They might know of a way.
Try to use another app, may be EPG working is well.

Are you running iptv off a box? If so, what's epg like on there?

It's pretty much full epg on the box.I use e channelizer aswell to get full epg for the ones i don't have it for.

I have a zgemma h1 and h2 with a vm line but decided to switch to iptv as there were too many issues. Would I be able to run the iptv off the zgemma and get better epg etc?

You can run iptv off them, but epg is pretty much supplier dependent. A box is usually better in my opinion as it can be hardwired and not use WiFi

Have you just tried the smart iptv app see if th guide is any better using that instead of your current one?
Or if you prefer a mag box just buy one and have your sub swapped to it.

The trouble with EPGs is, the listings are matched case sensitive to the channel names. And since many IPTV providers use custom names for their channels it means a generic EPG won't work. So "BBC1 HD" might match on a generic EPG list, but "IPTV BBC1 HD" might not. You can manually assign them using EChannelizer but it takes ages lol.

TBH smart tv's are not that good compared to a designated box. If you want something simple get a mag 322 box as they are very easy to setup.Just give your IPTV provider your mac address of the mag box and they will give you a url to enter into the portal and that's it. Good IPTV suppliers have their own epg source now so should be fine. You can use your H2 box and it will be fine. I have used lots of these boxes but there are just a few more things to learn but it is worth the effort in my opinion and there are plenty of people on this forum that will help you out if needed.

I also used a LG smart tv with the app it did have a basic epg but at least you could see tiles for documentaries movies etc etc and show you what programs are on in the next 7 days... ive now just bought a 2nd gen firestick and what a sh!t epg that is.. its just a list of whats on :/

Firestick you should get good EPG if you have installed Perfect player and your provider has the EPG off his server.

with the zgemma plugin from your supplier you should get full epg. With apps such as perfect plyer youll need a seprate link from your supplier, .xml for epg as well as the line for the playlist.

hope this helps

The trouble with EPGs is, the listings are matched case sensitive to the channel names. And since many IPTV providers use custom names for their channels it means a generic EPG won't work. So "BBC1 HD" might match on a generic EPG list, but "IPTV BBC1 HD" might not. You can manually assign them using EChannelizer but it takes ages lol.

Not anymore with E-Channelizer v18 (premium)! Unlike the old way which M3U was imported as a flat list of channels and EPG was assigned from satellites manually one-by-one, M3U (extended) and EPG stuff is now managed fully automated and in no time.

You can batch assign either DVB or XMLTV EPG to multiple favorites or even whole bouquets in seconds. It will find the best matches automatically for you (case-insensitive), even with prefixed or unidentical names (e.g. BBC1 HD will match IPTV BBC1).

Moreover, you can specify your preferred DVB source and EPG language to take priority over others whenever available. You can also assign Rytec and KodiTV EPG (out-of-box), add custom EPG providers (unlimited) or combine all together seamlessly.

Last edited:
The only way to get a good epg is through an enigma box with xtream editor... Your not going to get a good epg with smart iptv as its hit and miss.

Back