Remote Control Issue?

champion9

Hi All,

2 days ago had an issue with the remote control where I cant change channels or get anything to work apart from if I long hold the on/off button which pulls up screen to show option of restarting box etc However cant select anything as up and down buttons don't work either.

I have changed the batteries so don't think its that but what I have noticed is that sometimes when I press a button on the remote control, that on the tv in the top right hand corner it shows a circle with diagonal line going through it.

Any ideas what's going on and what I can do to fix it?

I'd try some brand new good quality batteries.

The red circle top right corner just means that the button you've pressed isn't an option for this screen / menu.

Yep which I don't understand as I am sometimes pressing "menu" or "EPG" or the up and down arrows.

Any idea what has caused this or how to fix?

If you're on a menu that these buttons usually work on but sometimes don't, the remote may have got wet at some point and may now be corroded inside and it's selecting other button combinations... just a thought.

it happens when I am on not on a menu and on normal tv....just stuck with the same channel.

Is it worth purchasing a new remote control?

You could try it... if it's possible it's got wet at some point, it may be knackered if it works then doesn't.

Sometimes your TV settings can cause the IR signal of the remote to be effected You could try changing settings

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back