HD51 4K remote options

swampy47

hello guys

I just got a mutant hd51 yesterday loving the new speed coming from a zgemma h2 :)
Has anyone changed the remote control for something different
i brought the mutant as the remote control is very similar to the early zgemmas remotes
but with the mutant the arrow keys are very close together and the exit epg buttons really so small

I read somewhere that someones got the new zgemmas models remote working, ( you can change the remote within settings )
But with openvix theres no zgemma remote option thats only with openatv you get this option

On open vix 5.1 they have the option for the Formuler F1 Receivers remote ,
A really nice looking remote
anyone own the 2 boxes could try ?

also the ax 4k hd51 its same box as mutant ? I dont know but that remote looks better layout

the Formuler f1 looks best , maybe I should try getting used to it but the little exit and epg buttons are stupid!

I got my zgemma h1 remote working on the mutant hd51 now :(y): , you have to change the remote settings too xp1000 (in input devices)

gonna try the new version zgemma remote later

this is with openvix 5.1 ,

also guys I have a zgemma h2 running openatv 6.1 using the new style zgemma remote aswell
just change the settings in input devices ,

Similar issue to you. Dont like the Mutant HD51 remote. So using a Zgemma H2S remote bought off ebay. This option only available in OpenATV images. Unfortunately not an option in OpenVix

I started to liking the mutant remote now :grimacing:
the keys are softer feel and its quicker changing channels less finger fatigue :LOL:
nice remote only the small exit epg buttons

I've got both remotes working at the same time only my soundbar needs one remote programed for sound so only one can have sound but its kool having both working same time
I not tried if the new zgemma remote on openvix can get working changing the different opions

Last edited:
I still cant believe the remote is so crap that comes with this box? Have always liked the look and style of the older zgemma remote. £3.50 flee bay works a treat !! :(y):

Attachments

• zgemma remote.jpg
    zgemma remote.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 52
I got my zgemma h1 remote working on the mutant hd51 now :(y): , you have to change the remote settings too xp1000 (in input devices)

gonna try the new version zgemma remote later

this is with openvix 5.1 ,

also guys I have a zgemma h2 running openatv 6.1 using the new style zgemma remote aswell
just change the settings in input devices ,
Did you test to see if the new zgemma remote is working on ViX?

Would like to know :)

The remote I used with my old zgemma 2s works with Vix under xp1000. Not the newer zgemma remote. That only worked with Atv. Maybe someone has a drivers package that could be added ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The remote I used with my old zgemma 2s works with Vix under xp1000. Not the newer zgemma remote. That only worked with Atv. Maybe someone has a drivers package that could be added ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would be great if that's possible.

Maybe there's some files that can be copied from ATV to ViX that give the new zgemma remote support?

Would be great if that's possible.

Maybe there's some files that can be copied from ATV to ViX that give the new zgemma remote support?

I just tried it mate couldn't getting it working, can only get the old zgemma remote on vix
I'm sure i read someone is using the new remote on openatv tho

yeah thanks for trying :grimacing:

edit

Well I've been using the mutant remote for few weeks now and I really like it.
its much nicer with the softer keys and so fast to use compared to the zgemma
for quickly pressing keys

taken back the mutant remote is excellent!

Last edited:
Back