Removing an iptv script

Surely there has to be a much easier way to remove a script that was installed using putty than what most people are saying :grimacing:.

Some people are suggesting some easy ways but the OP says it's not doing it for him, but although I have never tried myself I really doubt a new flash of the box is required to get rid of the pesky script ?

I wonder what would happen if someone was to try and just run another new script via putty or a program like it, would it just not have it no ? Again, something I haven't tried so I don't know.

But this is quite interesting to find out what really works and easily too because lots of people at some point or another everyday in the world will wish to change script, so just on that thought, I would assume that it can't be that difficult, maybe it is though, I have no idea, still an interesting subject though and I hope that @grahamer67 gets it sorted out the least painful way ;)

p.s, and we get to figure out the best and easiest way to do it too.

Think someone already said but what about if you have an IPTV.sh script file in the root or the etc\enigma2 folder ?
If you do then delete them as they will keep re-writing to the bouquets each time you restart the box, and remember to delete anything relating to the iptv bouquet in etc\enigma2

Just to confirm you have tried that and it doesn't work ? that's if you have tried it ?, I'm getting mixed up now, lol.

Dependant on script, you can delete the iptv.sh file in /etc/enigma2. You would then need to delete all the bouquets that were created by the script, and then remove the line in the enigma2_pre_start.sh file that calls the iptv.sh file everytime you restart the box...

Best way though if you're not confident, would probably be to reflash the image...

What Cumu2003 said. I used FileZilla from my laptop to access the directory holding the scripts & delete them. Open up the script in a text editor, or in your browser to see if anything else was installed like custom bouquet makers or plugins, if you need to you can remove them using zgemmas plugin menu.

Thanks to everyone for the help and ideas, so i got it removed partially, well mostly but a few VOD items remained, but i can live with that, at the end of the day after trying a lot of things suggested to me on techkings, but nothing worked, but eventually the provider answered my pm and he sent me a command to use via putty, and this took most of the iptv away, but not all , but as i said, i will take that, thanks again to everyone for their help.

is it the XC plugin your trying to remove?
If so youll need the command from the guy as he may have renamed the plugin file name.
As for bouquets, been answered further up.

Send the sellers name and details to benijofar. Download ipab flash box. Then when able to use press red button then 1 then delete all bouquets and channels.

Dependant on script, you can delete the iptv.sh file in /etc/enigma2. You would then need to delete all the bouquets that were created by the script, and then remove the line in the enigma2_pre_start.sh file that calls the iptv.sh file everytime you restart the box...

Best way though if you're not confident, would probably be to reflash the image...

Boom that did it - all about clearing that enigma2_pre_start.sh file :emoji_ok_hand:

Back