Replacing Hard Drive - Need a How To

Aimson

hi

i've got a h2.s running wooshmans build. i've had no problems with it until yesterday...

yesterday, the hard drive attached to the box was removed and i am unable to get it back. the box still works in that i can watch all the channels and part of the epg still shows.

my question is, can i attach a new hard drive and not have to go through the whole setup process again? i'm not sure if this can be done but i'm hoping one can just be added to the box as it is rather than reformatting everything. i can't find the answer in this forum so my hope is running low.

if there is a way, could someone give me enough detail so i'll understand.

thanks in advance

Do you have a microsd or is everything on the hdd?
If you want to just install a hdd the best way IMHO is to format the new HDD to Ext4 on your PC using Minitool Partition Wizard (link in my sig)
Just delete the existing partition and create a new Ext4 primary partition.

Switch the ZG off and plug the new HDD in, power up and when booted just setup swapfile, epg location and recording and timeshift settings. No need to initialise the drive because you've already done it on the PC.

everything is on the hdd, i don't have any other storage i.e usb, micro sd...

i'll give what you're saying a go, originally i formatted the hdd using windows and it was fine so i'll start with that. i'll post the results later, thanks for the quick respomse

Back