Reports that Sky Sports will HD only from October 1st

Interesting read been looking for a way to get out of my contact with sky sports and rest of my package will give it a whirl see what happens :(y):

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...to-be-upgraded-to-hd---but-you-ll-have-to-pa/

ZGemma VM cable boxes will no longer carry Sky Sports SD presumably.

Most people clued up about the workings of VM c/s know that this is eventually going to wipe out the channels but this aint going to be an overnight process and theres still a large number of carded boxes still in use and a lot of people dont like change.
There will be loads of complaints from users about being forced to upgrade to the new boxes but it will still go ahead but its anyones guess has to when the blackout will happen :(y)::(

As said above, it should still take quite awhile yet, if it does happen, this looks like a way for sky to make more money by increasing prices, they have lost the champions league this last few seasons, and now the La Liga too, so this is a chance for them to increase the price and make it look justified.

this story started at end of august, it got a thread on another forum & now it's moving. As usual the nay sayers will be out in force, the ones whose friends grannie is a cleaner in Sly & the like. If it were to happen I agree it would take a while to implement,but given current sources for iptv are VM cards & now tv , who knows. One thing is only Sly know what their plans are, if it happens it happens, no point worrying about what you have no control over

Last edited:
this story started at end of august, it got a thread on another forum & now it's moving. As usual the nay sayers will be out in force, the ones whose friends grannie is a cleaner in Sly & the like. If it were to happen I agree it would take a while to implement,but given current sources for iptv are VM cards & now tv , who knows. One thing is only Sly know what their plans are, if it happens it happens, no point worrying about what you have no control over
Thats true worry about it , if and when it happens, i suppose eventually sd will be phased out, but surely it would take a long time, given all the tv providers that there are, but we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Thats true worry about it , if and when it happens, i suppose eventually sd will be phased out, but surely it would take a long time, given all the tv providers that there are, but we will just have to wait and see what happens.

yes so they can have more bandwidth for a load of new crap channels lol

It could be Sly customers who lose SD, not others, Virmin, etc.............???
that's the thing, sly's sat service is irrelevant to c/s cable, or iptv. It's what happens with the other viable platforms vm & now that carry the service that will count.Anyway lets just see how it pans out

Yes maybe, eventually but it should take a long time to do, but as was said earlier, no sense worrying about it until it happens.

it doesn't say they are dropping SD, 'You'll still be able to watch in standard definition if you've only got a standard definition TV, but you'll have to pay for HD regardless.'

the way I read this is that if you want sky sports you have to pay for sky sports HD, even if you don't want the HD channels

Yes maybe, eventually but it should take a long time to do, but as was said earlier, no sense worrying about it until it happens.

Worrying about something once it's already happened is called remembering.;)
It's not really worrying

Last edited:
Back