Restore Back Up Image

Macone157

Hi
I have made a full image back up on my H2S and want to restore on another H2S (number 2) but cant find the restore image settings as far as I can see on the second receiver(can see restore system settings etc but no image).
Can anyone advise the best way to restore an image please, thanks

You backed up the image onto your USB, on your usb it will be called "image backup", or something like that, inside there will be a zgemma folder, place this zgemma folder on your usb, once placed there put into back of your box and turn it on, will come up on the front, then hit power button to flash.

that is if you have backed the image onto a usb chum, if you have the first post should keep ya straight.

ummm...weird...backed up the full image on the USB, I took off all the folders off (make 2 copies on the USB) and left the "zgemma" folder there as you suggested...placed the USB in the second H2S but didnt flash..just booted as normal
Tried the USb in the front, then the back slot but still no joy...the folder on the USB is something like 143MB (inside the Zgemma folder there is a "H3" folder containg the image) so I know the files are there..just must be doing something wrong for it not to read and boot in Flash....

When I installed whooshbuild 7, it just flashed on reboot...not sure if its different when flashing a backup image..I can certainly try

switch on receiver and use menu buttons, if you have backup on your HDD plug usb in
press blue button
select flash online/local
press blue button local
your backup file should be here
if you dont see it press yellow button select devices
go find your device where your backup is stored

143mb is too large. I think you have a 125 or 120mb limit on the H2S.

In the H3 folder is a file called noforce. Rename this to force. If it is going to flash this will force it too. If it still doesn't flash your backup is too large or no good.

Back