Restore from image

hopper

Hi all

I have made a back up of my system and restored my image to another H2S no problem
I have put a different memory stick in the unit and am trying to set it up for time shift and recordings but I keep getting this error.

Initialising storage device.....
Error: Unmont: can't forcibly unmount/media/hdd
Device or resource busy.

BTW after I flash my backup image on to another box whats the next step in getting the memory stick working.

Thanks

Menu -> Setup -> Recording / Timeshift -> Timeshift -> Set Enable to no.
Exit right back to TV and then start initialise process again. (You may need to reboot before)

That is the step in getting the memory stick working.

In future I would personally initialise it in your box using the front USB, then it is ready to use in the second box.

I tried that last night and it worked great...Thanks again
BTW after I got the HD set up should I turn back on Timeshift as when I press the pause button with this setting off it still pauses.

then you say initialise in my own box I turn off timeshift first initialise, setup swapfile then put in new box and continue with steps 5 onwards?

Timeshift is the bit where you can just rewind the channel you are on whenever you like, just like Sky. By default WooshBuild lets you rewind up to 3 hours of the channel you are on before it starts the timer again.

With it switch off, when you pause, timeshift starts from that point only so if you wanted to rewind the program to the bigging you can't.

Some people on here turn it off, do not use it or say to set it start from 30 seconds +.. Sky+ (which WooshBuild tries to be close to) lets your rewind to the start of switching to that channel.

It is up to you but without it you cannot rewind live TV - A massive advertising feature when it first became available on boxes.

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ----------

You can also setup a swap file once you have the drive initialised. Some say it is pointless, others say it is worth it... I say what do you lose by creating one other than 256 / 512mb? Nothing but everything to gain if it does make a speed difference.

thanks again
Sorry another question can it do system link I did try and it seems to do it to a point
it marked all the series on that day but not tomorrows ?

Might be doing something wrong here.

Thanks again

thanks again
Sorry another question can it do system link I did try and it seems to do it to a point
it marked all the series on that day but not tomorrows ?

Might be doing something wrong here.

Thanks again

In my opinion this is the only but that stops them from being as easy as Sly+

If you press the red button to record you should see a menu (I can't do it at the moment and don't do it anyway so am guessing)

The menu lets you make changes to your series link (timer)

If you already have a timer - now called an auto timer because it is a series link:

Menu -> Timers -> Auto Timers
You can now edit the hell out of it with option after option.

One of them will work lol

Sorry it is so vague. Have a good search as I know there are a few threads about it.

Back