RetroArch - NVidia Shield User Guide

I've got about 2200 mame roms if you need some, about 2200 I think
3b7 iirc

Thanks, I've managed to get N64, Megadrive, NES, SNES all working.

Can't get my head round MAME, you need extra files or something????

Do you just download an app then get the roms to play all the emulators, I used to have all the emulators on my lads old xbox and I hav mame roms on discs that I used on pc about 5000 of them. Do you just get something on the android to be able to play them?

I have downloaded Retroarch and I am using this to play Megadrive, SNES, NES and N64 roms…..re-living my youth, some amazing games that I had completely forgotten about. There are loads of other emulators for Android, but Retroarch seems about the best one, you then just download the roms as zip files.

MAME roms I don't know about, it's keeps saying I need BIOS files and other things, still trying to work that one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I've managed to get N64, Megadrive, NES, SNES all working.

Can't get my head round MAME, you need extra files or something????

you shouldnt do, but I'm not sure
I run a Raspberry Pi on Raspbian purely as a MAME arcade machine,
depending on which version of MAME you are trying to run, there are different versions on ROMs,
my MAME uses 3b7 ROMS, they seem to be the most friendly for less powerful machines, like my RPi,

EDIT : its MAME4ALL I am running

http://www.techkings.org/attachments/arcade2-jpg.26418/

Last edited:
Impressive, I'm brand new to this so I'm still learning it all. Can't seem to get PS1 games to run, majority of the others run fine, just need to work out mapping the Nvidia game pad as some buttons don't work on certain games.

Back