RF Out with Aux Power

gillettos

Hi,

Just a query, I've brought 2 H5.2tc box's now and they haven't arrived as expected. The photo's show the rear having an RF OUT with a power switch, which I was hoping to using for a magic eye system, as per the old school sky method, however it appears they don't come with this output, retailer has been contacted and apologies made with updates to the sales pictures.....

However I'm still stuck with my magic eye...... Do these box's exist?? I'm receiving vm so needs to have a cable input, and ideally a loop out.

If these don't do I need a RF Modulator and achieve it this way?? I believe I can get on of these for around £20...ish but just never used one......

Anybody out there had a similar experience??

Cheers
Rich

The RF out is on the H2.H model I think and the ant power is for a roof aerial I have been told.

You don't need a magic eye though really - you can change the channel with an app on your smart phone.

I don't think there's a model of zgemma that use a proper magic eye though - other boxes do I believe but at more expense.

Hi Rich,

I have the same box h5,2tc and I have the boxed linked to the kitchen and bedroom via coax cable using a triax tri link and magic eyes, I also bought an extra 2 remotes online and it works great, only thing is that the picture in the other rooms is not HD only SD

Hi, thanks for that, just out of intrest where did you get it from and how much??

Just they seem to vary on price quite dramatically....

if you have an old enigma2 sat box that you're replacing with a cable box then you can set the sat box up to use the tuners on the cable box, so in practice giving you a 2nd box with cable on for another room, no extra cables needed just a network connection to both boxes

Hi Rich,

I have the same box h5,2tc and I have the boxed linked to the kitchen and bedroom via coax cable using a triax tri link and magic eyes, I also bought an extra 2 remotes online and it works great, only thing is that the picture in the other rooms is not HD only SD
hi, i have just changed from gemma h2s to th h5 etc, my magic eye through the triax tri link won't change my channels anymore i can still get a picture, although a bit blurry, but no channel change, did you have to change anything?

if you have an old enigma2 sat box that you're replacing with a cable box then you can set the sat box up to use the tuners on the cable box, so in practice giving you a 2nd box with cable on for another room, no extra cables needed just a network connection to both boxes

I'm looking to get a 5.2tc and move onto the cable side of things, at the moment I have a 2s that I'm using.
Is it straight forward to set-up the 2s to use the cable tuners from the 2tc over the network.

Thanks

Assuming it's like the h2s and you're running atv on it then you can install a plugin on it, you then enter the IP address of the h52tc and select a few options and it then grabs the epg from the h5.2tc and as long as there is a free tuner on the h5.2tc you can watch it on the 2s. I have read the same is available for vix but not sure how it is done on vix.

I'm running Vix on the zgemma 2s, but it will give me other options for the box.
Do you know what the plugin is called.

Thanks

its called channelsimporter and is in the system section of the downloadable plugins list on ATV

I did have dream player setup on my firestick with the 2s, it sounds like a similar thing.
I plan on installing your build when I get the new box, thanks for your help.

Back